Trainer - Catering (HMP Downview)
Agriculture, Food and Veterinary,Food Science
Short info about job
Salary: £23,323.70 to £29,533.48 per annum + £5,000 MSA over 2 years (subject to performance)
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-116 7198760
Fax: +44-1454 9073852
Detail information about job Trainer - Catering (HMP Downview). Terms and conditions vacancy
Looking for a career where you can change lives? For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons. Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills. We have a great opportunity at HMP Downview to join the education team as a Catering Trainer on a Permanent, Full Time (37 hours per week) basis. The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality, learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards. To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have experience in your vocational specialism.
- Be willing to gain a PTTLS or equivalent teaching qualification
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining these
- Be willing to commit to gain a subject specific qualification to allow you to train to Level 3 within two years.
- Have a commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies within one year
In return you will benefit from an excellent package including - a favourable Pension scheme, Retail Discounts, Childcare Vouchers, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to work scheme, Simply Health scheme and technology scheme. Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile. Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.