Finance Business Analyst
QIC is seeking a Finance Business Analyst to join our Finance Solutions team on a maximum term contract based in the Brisbane Head Office.
Summary about this job
Government - State
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Finance Business Analyst. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Leading global alternatives investment provider
- Work on a best in class implementation project
- Contract through to December 2019
QIC is seeking a Finance Business Analyst to join our Finance Solutions team on a maximum term contract based in the Brisbane Head Office. This opportunity will run through until December 2019.
QIC is embarking on an enterprise wide system transformation that will see our current technology replaced with the Oracle Cloud Solution for ERP, EPM and HCM. The Finance Business Analyst will collaborate at all levels with the Finance Solutions team to enable and support the transition to the new solution.
If you are a true team player with a finance and system implementation background, looking to develop your exposure to a best in class, cloud based solution, this role is right for you.
With a continuous improvement mindset, you will work closely with the Finance Solutions team and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to:
- Develop a core understanding of the QIC Global Financial Operating Model and inter-dependencies
- Recognise opportunities for improved efficiency by adopting processes to fit the Oracle application, including the design of new models and processes
- Coordinate and collaborate with all areas of the business to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and integration of information technology applications to the new solution
- Development of intelligence, analytics and reporting solutions beyond the standard Oracle deployment
- Updating model governance documentation and practises
- Creation and maintenance of process documentation and procedures, policies, work process and internal controls
- Data extraction, gathering, mapping, cleansing and analysis as necessary
The ideal candidate
As a suitable candidate for this role, you will be eager to work in a fast-paced environment, manage conflicting priorities in a team or autonomously and you will have the following experience and capabilities:
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline and/or post graduate Accounting qualification (e.g. CPA or CA) with more than 5 years’ experience in Finance profession as an accountant, systems accountant or business intelligence specialist
- 3+ years’ experience in a commercial environment working with financial models or focussing on Business Analysis.
- Experience implementing ERP solutions with a functional understanding of Finance modules including core financials, travel & entertainment, works & projects, budgeting & forecasting, and procurement
- Demonstrated experience gathering and documenting business requirements, leading fit-gap analysis, as-is and to-be business process designs, functional configuration, testing, and client user training
- Hands on experience in development of BI dashboards & systems report writing
- Well-developed business knowledge of finance processes, ideally in a financial or funds management environment
- Experience in complex Excel modelling and the extraction, analysis and reporting of business information
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills; with a solution orientated mindset
- Superior communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with business constituents at all levels both written and verbally
- Ability to quickly understand how business units function, and challenge the status quo, along with a solid understanding of business and internal drivers
- Ability to draw on available resources to quickly grasp and understand new concepts and translate them into opportunities for operational improvements
QIC is a global diversified alternative investment firm offering infrastructure, real estate, private equity, liquid strategies and multi-asset investments. It is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia, with A$87.5 billion (31 May 2018) in funds under management. QIC has over 1000 employees and serves more than 115 clients including governments, pension plans, sovereign wealth funds and insurers, spanning Australia, Europe, Asia, Middle East and the US. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, QIC also has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen.
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation, one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and this includes feeling like his or her difference is valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal by 11pm 22 July 2018.
Unsolicited referrals from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Follow QIC on LinkedIn to receive the latest industry news and job updated at https://www.linkedin.com/company/qic