Assistant Coordinator - Seville Grove
MercyCare is seeking a full time Assistant Coordinator to join our Early Learning Centre in Seville Grove
Summary about this job
Government - State
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Assistant Coordinator - Seville Grove . Terms and conditions vacancy
MercyCare is a leading Catholic provider of aged care, family, health, disability and community services. We employ over 1000 staff and 175 volunteers, delivering more than 40 programs and services, from 35 locations throughout Western Australia.
Our Vision is for people and communities to thrive and we are guided by a person-centred approach in all aspects of service delivery. We are committed to safeguarding children, and young and vulnerable people; working in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for our shared future; embracing diversity and creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for our service users, employees and volunteers.
About the role
MercyCare is seeking a full time Assistant Coordinator to join our Early Learning Centre in Seville Grove. Hours of work will be between 6:30am to 6:00pm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and participating in the management and of staff and children within the Day Care Centre and is accountable in the absence of the Centre Manager. The incumbent will also be accountable and responsible for the duties outlined in the Qualified Child Care Worker (level 4) position description attached.
- Minimum of 3 years’ Experience in an Early Learning Environment and leading a team
- AQF Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent as recognized by Regulatory Authorities
- Supervisor Certificate
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and implementing programs within an Education and Care environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in child development theoretical perspectives
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating safe, developmentally appropriate learning environments
- Demonstrated proficiency in children’s behaviour management practises
- Working with Children Check
- Clean C Class driver’s licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- National Police Clearance (obtained within the last 6 months)
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please visit our website at mercycare.com.au to view the position description and to apply.
Applications close on 19 July 2018. Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
MercyCare is committed to building an inclusive environment which respects the inherent dignity of every individual.
We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
MercyCare is committed to the protection of children and young people.