Manage payroll for over 150 employees across the primary and secondary campuses
Summary about this job
Company: The Springfield Anglican College
Work type: Part Time
Detail information about job Payroll Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Permanent Part Time Appointment (2 days per week)
- Previous experience the independent education sector preferred
- Springfield Location
- Permanent Part Time (15 hours per week)
- Independent School Sector
- Springfield Location
The Springfield Anglican College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Payroll Officer to join their energetic Accounting and Finance team at the Secondary Campus of the College. The Payroll Officer will be responsible for managing payroll for over 150 employees across two campuses.
This is a permanent part-time appointment, 2 days per week.
The Springfield Anglican College is a leading coeducational College in the Greater Springfield area. Operating on two campuses, the College employees over 150 staff who provide a vibrant, holistic education where students are provided with opportunities to succeed and flourish.
As a member of the Accounting and Finance Team you will report to the Business Manager. You will contribute to the vision and goals of the organisation by providing efficient and effective management and maintenance of accounting records with respect of processing payroll, including enterprise bargaining agreements and the payroll cycle.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivering timely and accurate payment to the College’s staff.
- Developing, implementing, evaluating and managing appropriate daily routines for the payroll processes, ensuring effective accounting processes are maintained in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Preparing monthly reports for Financial accounting staff.
- Implementing policies and procedures to maintain a professional and effective payroll function.
- Providing assistance to the other team members within the Finance function when requested.
- Ensuring that the payroll function adheres to all statutory compliance requirements.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Demonstrated Payroll or similar experience, preferable within an educational environment.
- Highly developed computer literacy as it relates to accounting software, ideally experience in or understanding of the TASS system.
- The ability to negotiate solutions with staff and stakeholders.
- High level of accuracy and process adherence.
- Well developed organisational and time management skills.
- Sound communication and problem solving skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines and handle large and complex workloads.
- Demonstrated personal Christian philosophy.
- Working with Children Card (Blue-Card).;
For more information on this exciting opportunity, including the position description and selection criteria, please access the employment section of the College website at (www.tsac.qld.edu.au).
Applications close 5.00 pm Monday 30th July 2018.
If you are short-listed for interview, you will be asked for your date of birth, as it is a requirement of the Brisbane Diocese of the Anglican Church of Australia that pre-employment checks are conducted.
To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button above. You will then be asked to attach your cover letter and current resume as well as the contact details of three referees.
For more information contact:
Ms Melanie Shuter
Human Resources & Compliance Manager