Industrial Relations Manager - Victoria
Australian Unity is seeking to appoint an Industrial Relations Manager - Victoria at our South Melbourne location due to an internal talent move.
Summary about this job
Industrial & Employee Relations
Company: Australian Unity
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Industrial Relations Manager - Victoria. Terms and conditions vacancy
Australian Unity is a national health, wealth and living organisation with over $2 billion in revenue, providing services to more than 750,000 Australians. We are a mutual organisation with over 320,000 members and employ over 7000 people. Our purpose is to help people thrive.
Your work at Australian Unity will be focused on helping others to thrive, and so we seek to create a work environment that supports you to thrive in your career. Our offering is to provide products and services that provide personal and community value. We have more than 175 years of experience helping our customers to thrive. We operate with commercial principles and with a strong social purpose to create community value.
Our products and services are designed to provide peace of mind and support for customers and members at important times in their lives. By catering for the whole person, not just their symptom or problem, we enable our members, their families and their communities to thrive. We believe that as a member-based organisation we are in the best position to look after the needs of our members and those in the broader community.
Location: South Melbourne
We are looking to appoint an IR Manager on a 12 month FTC based at our South Melbourne location. Reporting to the GM Workplace relations and OH&S this role is required to advise management on key policy and employment legislation issues, carry out effective briefs to legal advisers and lead successful Enterprise Bargaining campaigns as well as manage complex grievance issues, guiding the wider HR team;
The successful candidate will be required to
- Work as the ER/IR consultant to the business
- Fully embed industrial instruments to ensure maximum value is derived
- This will include embedding a framework of IR systems, processes and supporting tools to enable managers to realise the full benefits provided by the relevant industrial instruments.
- Ensure HR policy and procedures are implemented in a way that augments our brand and culture
- Provide coaching and advice to leaders/managers on a broad range of people issues to ensure strategic and operational business objectives are met.
- Strengthen employee relations through effective performance management.
- Manage the people related business initiatives as assigned through the annual planning process
- Be an active member of the HR team
- Ensure /adhere to compliance policies and procedures
- Adhere to Occupational Health & Safety obligations
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and experience in IR/ER roles.
- Experience in a similar or health related organisation
- Experience in a complex organisation with an award/agreement base
- Experience with creating processes and systems to extract value from industrial instruments.
- Experience in data analytics, high command of the use of excel
- Current understanding of relevant legislation
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
Our culture is based on an agreed understanding that, in order to become Australia’s leading wellbeing company, we all need to be Bold, Warm and Honest in our dealings with customers, suppliers, other stakeholders and each other. This is Our Way of Being and is a core part of the experience of working at Australian Unity. At Australian Unity, we offer more than quality, affordable products and services. Our ambition is enable millions to enjoy wellbeing.
Our people describe our culture as positive, people oriented, friendly and achievement focused. Our employee engagement is over 80% which means our people feel connected to our direction, are in roles that are challenging and believe that our leadership is of high quality.
Join us and thrive!