Industrial and Employee Relations Business Partner
Full time Industrial and Employee Relations HR role in a rapidly expanding nonprofit community health organisation in Morwell. Additional benefits.
Summary about this job
Industrial & Employee Relations
Company: Tradewind Australia Pty Ltd
Location: West Gippsland & Latrobe Valley
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Industrial and Employee Relations Business Partner. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Well established non-profit organisation with excellent work/life balance option
- Provide operational Industrial and Employee relations across the organisation
- Significant experience within Industrial and Employee Relations HR is essential
About the business
A not‐for‐profit organisation with a core interest in improving the health of the community.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Manager People, Learning, and Culture, the Industrial and Employee Relations HR Business Partner (IR/ER HR Business Partner) will provide hands-on, up-to-date and accurate HRM and IR/ER advice and interpretation of awards, enterprise agreements, and other legislation to management and staff.
- Facilitate the counselling and discipline process with managers and staff as required.
- Provide coaching and operational support and guidance to executive directors and managers on their HRM and IR/ER responsibilities.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of systems, procedures, organisational culture, and cross organisational communication and activities.
- Work proactively to engage directorates in a process of identifying IR/ER opportunities for improvement in their areas.
- Work with executive management to identify and implement improved workforce utilisation.
- Review and recommend IR/ER processes to meet changing sector and industry IR changes.
- Deliver training to management (including team leaders) in the requirements of the EAs and relevant risks and opportunities.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive slary
- Flexible working hours that allow for a monthly ADO
- A positive working environment with everyone working towards the larger overall goal of more efficient and effective community health provision.
Skills and experience
In order to be considered for this role you will require the following;
- Tertiary or post graduate level qualifications in HR, IR/ER, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience within a HR role, with specific experience in IR/ER .
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Word and Excel
- Ideally you will also have a Cert IV in Training and Assessment and Membership to the Safety Institute of Australia
- Willingness to travel to other sites across Victoria as and when required.
In order to be successful for this role you will need to;
- Demonstrate a high level OH&S skill with the ability to prioritise a range of different tasks and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to assist in the resolution of performance issues, disputes, grievances, conduct, and other industrial matters (end to end) including investigation, report writing, and recommendations.
- The ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with unions and a solid understanding of Fair Work act 2009, union right of entry and the NES.
- Knowledge of, and strong commitment to, the principles of HR management and administration, including areas such as equal opportunity and OH and S.
- Experience in unfair dismissal and general protections conciliations with a track record of successful dispute resolution and mediation
- Be a proven communicator underpinned by strong written and oral skills, plus an eye for detail which translates to high quality accurate outputs including data analyss
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team and independently when required
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Effective time management and demonstrated organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.