EA / Team Assistant - 12 Month Contract
Opportunity has arisen for an EA/Team Assistant to support to the Sydney GCO team.
Summary about this job
PA, EA & Secretarial
Company: American Express
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job EA / Team Assistant - 12 Month Contract. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Recognized as a great place to work by people around the world
- Work with a young, dynamic team of professionals
- Flexibility is also an important consideration
12 Month Maternity Leave Contract - EA/Team Assistant
From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world.
Provision of conscientious and timely administrative support to the Sydney GCO team to ensure that the office runs smoothly and that internal clients and business partners are serviced efficiently and professionally.
You will be working with a young, dynamic team of professionals who work hard but also know how to have a good time with regular social and team building events. The Sydney team is diverse and transformational; and recently won Inhouse Banking & Finance team of the year- Australia.
Flexibility is also an important consideration for everyone in the team so once your established in role flexible working options can be considered.
The position will incorporate:
1. Social Coordination:
- Coordinate and organise team building events
- Assist with the teams involvement with social and external initiatives
- Help with logistics around team lunches/dinners and participation in things like Law Society forums.
- General take on the role of Social/Fun Captain
2. Team Administration:
- Coordinate team meetings and quartley team events
- Maintain team contact lists, org charts and holiday/sick day tracking, managing procurement of office supplies etc.
- New starter set-ups and transitions
- Screening, handling or referring incoming communications including emails, telephone calls and correspondence
- Database administration, filing and records management responsibilities.
3. Co-ordinating Business Travel:
- Arrange all travel bookings for the team ensuring compliance with company policy. This includes arranging flights, hotels, restaurants etc.
- Co-ordinate agendas for business trips
4. Diary and Meeting Management:
- Effective diary management, including internal and external meetings/calls, management of meeting requests across multiple time zones
- Manage room reservations and catering orders
5. Expense Management:
- Prepare and submit monthly Corporate Card expense filing for the team via CONCUR
- Monthly Corporate Purchasing Card and eCard reconciliation
6. Outside Counsel Invoice and Budget Management:
- Manage payment and tracking of outside counsel legal expenses. Liaise with vendors payable, global procurement, GCO admin team and vendor firms to ensure prompt payment of invoices and resolution of any invoice queries.
7. Subpoena Handling and Production of Documents:
- Collection of all subpoenas and assisting with production of court documents
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Prior admin/secretarial experience or previous Amex experience is essential
- Established PC skills, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Willingness to progressively undertake more complex tasks
- Team orientated yet capable of working independently with initiative to drive results
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.