Seeking an experienced and energetic Receptionist and Administrator to be the face of BD’s head office in North Ryde
Summary about this job
Company: Becton Dickinson Pty Ltd
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Receptionist. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Blended reception & administration role - no 2 days the same!
- Convenient location with parking available on site
- Full time permanent position, to part time job share applicants
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.
We are seeking an experienced Receptionist and Administrator to be the face of BD’s head office in North Ryde. This is a cross functional, fast paced role that is varied in its day to day responsibilities and duties. No two days are the same and you will be given the opportunity to work on more varied tasks and take on more responsibility over time.
- General reception duties
- Answering and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Managing all incoming and outgoing post, including franking
- Managing the reception sign in book
- Raising purchase orders
- Organising catering for events
- Setting up rooms for meetings and town halls
- Ordering kitchen and office supplies
- General cleaning and tidying as needed
- Assisting our warehouse staff with any courier needs
- Building relationships across the business to understand the unique needs and requirements of each business unit
- Working on ad hoc projects across different departments
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a reception and/or administration based role
- Great phone manner and communication skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude and positive personality
- Ability to manage your time and prioritise effectively
- Effective relationship building skills
- Experience working in a large organisation
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong attention to detail
This is a great opportunity for someone with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and previous reception/administration experience to join a global company. In this role you will have exposure to all areas of the business and will have the opportunity to build relationships and make a real difference to our business and our customers.
This role may suit someone returning to work after a career break, or someone looking to settle into their career as a receptionist. We can consider part time applicants (minimum 3 days per week) from a job share perspective.
To learn more about the role please contact Maddie Brown on 02 8875 7182.