Professor / Reader in Risk, Safety and Reliability
Engineering and Technology,Other Engineering
Short info about job
Company: University of Strathclyde
Department: Faculty of Engineering
Salary: £57,674 to £61,179
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1309 9762969
Fax: +44-1328 6250366
Detail information about job Professor / Reader in Risk, Safety and Reliability. Terms and conditions vacancy
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Salary Range: Reader: £57,674 - £61,179 Professor: Competitive Professorial package commensurate with your profile and experience.
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
Who we areWe are the University of Strathclyde.
Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us among the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Risk, Safety and Reliability.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of Engineered products and systems which are becoming increasingly complex and interconnected, driven by the pursuit of enhanced performance and efficiency through all life phases. This increased complexity continuously challenges conventional thinking relating to risk, safety and reliability. This in turn demands the development and integration of advanced approaches to identify, evaluate and mitigate against single and systemic failure modes. Solutions to these challenges will involve for example the integration of intelligent agent based systems, Bayesian belief networks, and genetic optimisation to create a holistic and generalizable toolset.
The opportunityWe seek outstanding Professors / Readers to join us at Strathclyde.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A generous remuneration package;
- Notable additional financial and non-financial benefits;
- Excellent start-up support;
- Initially reduced teaching and management load; and
- Regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
In order to apply, you will be:
- Leading an independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change performance improvements;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, value diversity in our staff and are keen to receive Fellowship applications from members of under-represented groups. We are particularly keen to hear from suitably qualified individuals who will actively engage with and support the University’s ambition to implement best practice on equality and diversity and in particular Athena SWAN. The Athena SWAN Charter inspires the advancement and representation of women in higher education. For more information on other awards and how we implement our commitment to equality and diversity, see our Equality and Diversity webpages.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder’ in Risk, Safety and Reliability, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at: www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/strathclydeglobaltalentprogramme/
In your application, please indicate at which level you wish your application to be considered: Professor, Reader or both.