Professor / Reader in Investment, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting
Business and Management Studies,Accountancy and Finance
Short info about job
Company: University of Strathclyde
Department: Department of Accounting and Finance
Salary: £57,674 to £61,179
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1437 7223480
Fax: +44-1569 5339050
Detail information about job Professor / Reader in Investment, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting. Terms and conditions vacancy
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Salary Range: Reader: £57,674 - £61,179 Professor: Competitive Professorial package commensurate with your profile and experience.
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
Who we areWe are the University of Strathclyde.
Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us among the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Investment, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of Investments, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting. These areas are financial management topics which include aspects of accounts and finance. Further contribution to the knowledge and understanding of these themes is expected to enhance the wealth and wellbeing of society in general and corporate partners in particular. Research will help corporate managers, investors and policy makers to channel the rare resources from less efficient to more efficient investment opportunities
The opportunityWe seek outstanding Professors / Readers to join us at Strathclyde.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A generous remuneration package;
- Notable additional financial and non-financial benefits;
- Excellent start-up support;
- Initially reduced teaching and management load; and
- Regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
In order to apply, you will be:
- Leading an independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change performance improvements;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, value diversity in our staff and are keen to receive Fellowship applications from members of under-represented groups. We are particularly keen to hear from suitably qualified individuals who will actively engage with and support the University’s ambition to implement best practice on equality and diversity and in particular Athena SWAN. The Athena SWAN Charter inspires the advancement and representation of women in higher education. For more information on other awards and how we implement our commitment to equality and diversity, see our Equality and Diversity webpages.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder’ in Investment, Corporate Financial Decisions and Financial Reporting, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at: www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/strathclydeglobaltalentprogramme/
In your application, please indicate at which level you wish your application to be considered: Professor, Reader or both.