UTRCI Research Scientist, Software Systems UX, Mobile
Computer Science,Computer Science,Software Engineering,Engineering and Technology,Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Short info about job
Salary: Competitive compensation and benefits package
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1566 8662139
Fax: +44-1449 5773559
Detail information about job UTRCI Research Scientist, Software Systems UX, Mobile. Terms and conditions vacancy
Job Description Summary:
United Technologies Research Center UTRC is the corporate research center of United Technologies Corporation UTC , a dynamic global Fortune top 50 corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection.
United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd. UTRCI , established in 2009, conducts research into the next generation of energy and security systems for high-performance buildings, generating world-class technologies for UTC’s commercial businesses worldwide. Recently, UTRC Ireland added aerospace systems research to its portfolio to support UTC’s large industrial presence in Europe. UTRCI invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in its Cork office. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.
Learn more @ www.utrc.utc.com
UTRCI seeks candidates with expertise in the software development of user experience UX and mobile technologies to join their Networks & Embedded Systems group in Cork, Ireland. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an outstanding ability to develop innovative proof-of-concept software technology demonstrators in an R&D environment, and a strong desire to lead the transition of these demonstrators to product.
Previous experience in back-end architectures and technology, including containers, microservices, real-time event analytics, or data storage is also highly desirable for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to an established research agenda related to UTC’s aerospace and building & industrial systems technologies.
- Participate in R&D activities within international collaborative research projects.
- Provide competitive advantage for UTC business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, with 0-2+ years of industrial or academic experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with 2-5+ years of industrial or academic experience.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience in several of the following areas:
- Requirements gathering, design, and implementation of responsive user interfaces using technologies such as HTML5 and AngularJS, alongside REST-based API development.
- Development of mobile applications for Android or iOS in either native environments or through cross-platform mobile development.
- Unit and system-level testing strategies, performance analysis, and release management.
- A desire to drive best practice for software engineering, and promote the adoption of emerging tools and methodologies.
- Innovative technical thinking applied to real-world problems.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation.
- Able to work with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
- Well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Able to adapt to new challenges and go beyond the original field of expertise.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas.
What we offer
Employees at UTRC-I enjoy a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team-based working environment. At UTRC you will be able to actively collaborate with national and international universities, work with research teams from other UTRC research centers around the globe, bring your ideas to life through our innovation pipeline process and work in many diverse technical domains ranging from building automation to aerospace.
UTRCI will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
This position is based at UTRC’s European hub in Cork, Ireland. To be eligible to apply, candidates must be legally entitled to work and reside in Ireland.
Candidates can apply online at: http://www.utrc.utc.com/ by selecting the “Job Postings International ” option in the drop-down menu under “Careers”.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
% Travel Required: < 10%Show all jobs for United Technologies Research Centre Ireland … Tweet