Short info about job
Company: Prospects College of Advanced Technology
Salary: £7.23 per hour
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Craft or Manual
Phone: +44-1496 4356048
Fax: +44-1478 6576110
Detail information about job Catering Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
PROCAT is like no other college in the sector; the first new college to be incorporated in 22 years, specialising in providing higher level skills and workforce development for the engineering, aviation, rail and construction industries. We serve the local, regional and national economy. PROCAT has created stunning skills campuses equipped with the latest industry-standard equipment. We support learning in college and at work through our strong commitment to the use of innovative digital learning technology. PROCAT puts employers and learners at the heart of everything we do. The college has developed powerful partnerships with business and has given employers a central role in governance and, through its employer focus groups, an input into the curriculum. Our ambition is to be the leading provider of technical professional training for industry.
Due to an exciting period of growth we are curently recruiting for a Catering Assistant to work at our Canvey campus to provide a friendly catering service, performing a variety of tasks associated with food production and service.
- To assist in the preparation of food and snacks
- To keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times
- To provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Excellent customer service
- Team work
How outputs will be achieved:
- Customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focussed at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs
- To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers; to seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold through our catering service and to keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked
- To treat your team members as you would expect to be treated
- To co-operate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen/service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times
- To attend food safety, health and safety and environmental training courses as required.
- To rigorously following the kitchen cleaning schedule
- To act as a positive ambassador for PROCAT
- To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or PROCAT management
The post holder should embody our core values of Professionalism, Equality, Integrity and Accountability. Applicants will be required during the interview process to demonstrate how their skills/competencies meet the requirements for the role, and how they share our core values.
PROCAT is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory ‘Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.’ Post holders will also be expected to promote British values.
This position is term time only.