Technical Demonstrator - Electronics
Engineering and Technology,Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Short info about job
Company: Prospects College of Advanced Technology
Salary: £18,497 to £24,663 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1275 3764434
Fax: +44-1425 6562377
Detail information about job Technical Demonstrator - Electronics. Terms and conditions vacancy
PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce. We’re passionate about creating improved learning opportunities for the people of South Essex. Across each of our sites we work in partnership with universities, employers and other organisations to ensure we provide the very best learning and training opportunities for our students.
We wish to continue and grow, providing and creating more opportunities for young men and women alike, using the STEM strategy to teach; and working closely and developing relationships with companies to create the best possible careers for their futures.
Due to a period of growth we have an opportunity for a Technical Demonstrator (Electronics) to provide academic and pastoral support to learners to enable them to successfully complete their programme of study. Technical Demonstrators will assist in developing course materials and learning aids, support tutors in the development of student’s technical skills as well as English and maths. They will be in charge of setting up learning environments as and when needed.
- To set up classrooms, workshops and events for student, employer and parent/carer readiness
- To support the development of technical skills in practical workshops
- To support a student throughout their journey including English and maths
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- A fully prepared learning space with adequate resources for all students
- 100% of students have fully developed technical skills at the level agreed with tutors
- Promote Health and Safety at all times
- To embed and promote British Values and support and respond sensitively and empathically to student disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding
How outputs will be achieved:
- To prepare the work are with appropriate tools, equipment and materials in order that teaching and learning can take place effectively and efficiently
- To ensure that materials used are cost effective and utilised fully with little or no waste
- To support the recording of up to date and accurate student progress throughout the year alongside appropriate staff
- To work with tutors from all areas on the support needed and action where appropriate under the guidance of all relevant staff
- To work with students, supporting as directed, to develop appropriate technical skills individualised to the student needs and abilities
- Knowledge and experience of safe working practices within a manufacturing environment. Including safe systems of work and control of tooling and materials.
- Working knowledge and experience in a range of practical electrical and electronics skills.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment