Short info about job
Company: University of Nottingham
Department: Financial Management
Salary: £17,399 to £20,624 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Clerical
Phone: +44-20 8607208
Fax: +44-1358 3073120
Detail information about job Finance Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
Location: UK Other
Salary: £17,399 to £20,624 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Interview Date: Thursday 28 September 2017
Applications are invited for the role of Finance Assistant (full time) in the Financial Management department.
The role is based in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (FMHS) team based at the Queens Medical Centre. The overall FMHS team consists of 16 people providing a full range of financial management services such as financial reporting, business partnering and guidance and purchasing support to the three schools within FMHS.
The role will primarily relate to the area of purchasing but will also cover tasks in other financial areas such as expenses and other payments.
The office is always busy providing the opportunity to meet and support a wide range of staff and students across all areas. The Team has shared responsibility for day to day processing and workloads with additional areas of specialism as appropriate. We provide a wide range of finance related support and advice to non-financial experts, via an open door, welcoming environment and a helpful can do attitude.
- 5 GCSE with grades C and above or equivalent
- Highly numerate with good attention to detail and ability to pro-actively check work
- Processing purchases, liaising with suppliers to place orders, making some purchase card payments, chasing outstanding orders and resolving queries
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Good Inter-personal skills, working closely with colleagues in other departments (e.g. Payment Services, Procurement, Research, Enterprise and Graduate Services)
- Competent IT user (Agresso experience would be an advantage)
- Interest in finance and a prior experience in a relevant role
- Experience of expenditure and income processing.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.