Variable Hours Lecturer in Health and Social Care / Early Years
Social Sciences and Social Care,Social Work,Education Studies (inc. TEFL),Education Studies
Short info about job
Company: Aylesbury College
Salary: £19.58 per hour
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1341 9513580
Fax: +44-1434 7130371
Detail information about job Variable Hours Lecturer in Health and Social Care / Early Years. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Provide quality teaching in the subject areas required with due recognition of the relevant syllabus and course specifications, including the preparation of teaching notes, handouts and visual aids.
- Encourage and promote learning.
- Ensure that all marking and assessments are completed timely and tracked appropriately.
- Liaise with other staff as appropriate to ensure that work is fully and effectively covered.
- Direct technician assistance/team support in the teaching situation where appropriate and as required.
- Satisfy the administrative requirements of the College and examining/validating bodies.
- Ensure records of student achievements are maintained as required.
- Keep registers of classes taught of student attendances, lateness and marks.
- Assist with student interviews and course enrolments.
- Maintain a knowledge of developments within own areas of expertise and to keep course material up to date to reflect the requirements of the College and the examining/validating bodies.
- Be a member of relevant course teams and participate fully in their activities, including participating in course and curriculum monitoring, reviews and evaluations.
- Act as a Programme Leader when required.
- Provide active support to individual students.
- Encourage students to take an active part in the life of the College.
- Help to ensure College regulations and policies are upheld.
- Initiate action if misdemeanours or infringements of College policy occur.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'Apply' to apply online via our website.