Arts, Design & Media Tutor (0.4 Pro rata)
Media and Communications,Media Studies,Creative Arts and Design,Fine Art,Design,Other Creative Arts,Education Studies (inc. TEFL),TEFL/TESOL
Short info about job
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000 per annum pro-rata plus benefits
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1268 1998931
Fax: +44-1275 8510253
Detail information about job Arts, Design & Media Tutor (0.4 Pro rata). Terms and conditions vacancy
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc.,is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, Japan and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
The University of Brighton International College, working in partnership with the University of Brighton, offers programmes to prepare international students for entry to the University. Located on the City Campus at Dorset Place, the college welcomed its first Arts, Design & Media students in September 2013.
This role will be a 2 day per week role and these days would preferably be on Mondays and Fridays initially as these are the days when these classes run. The purpose of this role is to deliver highly effective arts, design and media modules to international students on the Foundation Certificate programme offered by the College. There may be opportunities to teach on the Pre-Master’s Programme in Arts, Design & Media, also, as part of this role. We would be particularly interested to see applications from tutors with experience in Historical and Contextual Studies, though it would be beneficial to have a working knowledge of the following specialisms; Architecture, Interior Architecture, Fashion, Graphic Design, Fine Art, Illustration, Media, Digital Media, Design & Craft, Sustainable Design, Photography, Performance and Visual Culture.
Main responsibilities and functions
Reporting to the Programme Coordinator for the Arts, Design & Media programmes, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering up to a maximum of 18 hours teaching per week (pro rata) to international students studying on programmes offered by the College and assisting with the development of modules
- Developing formative and summative assessments, marking and providing feedback to students
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Providing, when required, academic leadership, management and coordination for a designated number of modules in the role of Module Co-ordinator. This includes preparing module guides, updating module-related information for an agreed suite of modules, leading and coordinating module teaching teams, where appropriate.
- Reviewing and assisting with updating module material; developing and updating supplementary course material, including module material on the virtual learning environment (VLE).
- Implementing quality assurance procedures at module level and contributing to the annual monitoring and review of modules and programmes.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Assisting with the production of reports for students studying on relevant modules.
- Providing, when required, academic learning support to a designated group of students through the one-to-one tutorial system.
- Working with the College Services team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff, and representing the College at appropriate events and meetings.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Programme Coordinator and/or Academic Director.
You will enjoy working with international students, be student-oriented and performance-driven. In addition you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject (either in an academic or practical specialism) and preferably a minimum of a Master’s degree in any related field.
- Significant teaching experience in Arts, Design & Media within a UK Further or Higher Education context.
- The ability to develop and update teaching material.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player
- A teaching qualification such as PGCE, PGHE or equivalent
- Experience of working with a Virtual Learning Environment
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS Criminal Enhanced and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Please apply via our online application site with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am Friday 15th September 2017Interviews to take place: Wednesday 20th September 2017Position to commence in September 2017.Show all jobs for Kaplan International Pathways … Tweet