Web and Collaboration Manager
Administrative,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication
Short info about job
Company: European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Salary: Grade 4, 5 or 6; depending on qualification and experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1437 8232574
Fax: +44-121 4276123
Detail information about job Web and Collaboration Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
Contract Duration: 3 years
Job DescriptionThe European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world. The Headquarters Laboratory is located in Heidelberg (Germany), with additional sites in Barcelona (Spain), Grenoble (France), Hamburg (Germany), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK) and Rome (Italy).
EMBL is looking for a Web and Collaboration Manager who will act as product owner for two key digital properties: EMBL's public-facing website (embl.org); and EMBL’s intranet. Reporting to the Digital Communications Manager, and engaging with diverse stakeholders, you will lead web projects and implement tools and processes to support collaboration and documentation within the Strategy and Communications team. The Strategy and Communications team are currently looking to rebuild EMBL’s digital communications channels and you will play a key role in these efforts. Key responsibilities include:
- acting as product owner for EMBL's core public-facing website (embl.org) and intranet, guiding their continuous improvement through an agile, iterative, consultative development process;
- actively engaging with product stakeholders, understanding their needs and drives and managing their expectations;
- liaising with technical service providers in web projects, including EMBL's IT teams and third-party developers to deliver new features and improvements;
- supporting the effective use of digital tools within the Strategy and Communications team to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration (currently this includes Slack, Github, Confluence and various file systems);
- supervising, mentoring and developing interns, including recruiting, training and succession planning;
- developing guidelines, processes and documentation to support web publishing across the organisation;
- offering consultancy services on digital communications and collaboration across the organisation and developing workshops and other activities as appropriate;
- supporting the development of the EIROforum website.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent organisational and planning skills;
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- hands-on experience in development and configuration of content management systems including Drupal and Wordpress (knowledge of Fiona CMS an asset);
- experience of agile product ownership;
- experience of working with distributed teams.
This position will be based at EMBL’s headquarters in Heidelberg and will require occasional travel to EMBL’s other sites.
Application InstructionsPlease apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
Additional InformationEMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprise a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family. Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.