Head of Creative
PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication,Senior Management
Short info about job
Company: Leeds Beckett University
Department: External Relations / Creative
Salary: £42,418 to £49,149 (Grade 8)
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1476 7833221
Fax: +44-1446 9213928
Detail information about job Head of Creative. Terms and conditions vacancy
We are searching for a highly experienced and inspired individual to join our team as Head of Creative. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a new combined service that will meet the needs of a University with strategic ambitions that need expression though all of our online and printed communications, events, and outreach activities. Working closely with the Head of Digital and leading a team that comprises designers, videography, multimedia expertise, and print production, you will operate across all of our academic and service departments. This is a new role that can be shaped by the right individual and includes leading our creative strategy, planning, production, and execution of all creative concepts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building a highly creative and efficient studio, drawing on existing and new experts who have been brought together for the first time.
- You will be instrumental in developing the University brand expression, working with colleagues from the senior leadership, finding new and innovative ways to tell the Leeds Beckett story.
- You will enhance existing working practices and developing new to deliver efficiencies, utilising technology where appropriate (Jira, confluence, and Asset bank already in use elsewhere in the Corporate Communications team).
- Acting as studio manager, you will lead and develop a team of 13 creative specialists (video, digital, and graphic designers, print procurement and publications).
- You will have the creative vision to deliver exceptional creative across multi-channel platforms.
You will be a natural leader and team builder, with an impressive creative portfolio. You will have significant experience of working in a studio setting and to multiple customers. You will relish the opportunity of forming a new studio, and have experience of developing high performing teams. Your expertise and personal attributes will inspire confidence and make collaborating with colleagues from marketing, student recruitment, IT, digital, events, and alumni management backgrounds, easy. We are looking for a colleague who will be as passionate about what we do as we are.
We welcome applications from all individuals and particularly from black and minority ethnic candidates as members of these groups are currently under-represented at this level of post. All appointments will be based on merit.
Closing date: 19 September 2017 (Midnight).