Senior Research Officer
Education Studies (inc. TEFL),Education Studies,Administrative,Library Services and Information Management,Senior Management
Short info about job
Company: Education Development Trust
Department: Research Team, Research and Consultancy Group
Salary: £39,000 to £42,000 per annum, based on experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1544 3916595
Fax: +44-1295 2972595
Detail information about job Senior Research Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
We have an exciting opportunity at our new Head Office in Reading for a Senior Research Officer to join our growing and successful Research team within the Research & Consultancy Group.
Research is central to the work of Education Development Trust and we invest each year in a programme of international educational research. The Senior Research Officer will support the Head of Research to manage and deliver this portfolio of work and also to grow a portfolio of new contract research. The post holder will manage a small and highly effective research team.
Essential skills and experience:
- Applicants must have an advanced degree (preferably hold or be working towards a PhD in a relevant education discipline)
- Applicants must have excellent writing and editing skills and be able to share reports and articles they have written.
- Applicant must also have proven academic research expertise and experience – both qualitative and quantitative
- Applicants must have experience of leading research projects, in the field of education
- The post is UK based so right to work in the UK is essential.
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrable interest in education in the UK and internationally
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Research programme management experience.
Day to day work will involve planning research projects, commissioning research teams to deliver work, managing the research team in their management of all research project work, contributing to bids for research work, conducting research, editing reports to ensure they are ready for publication, liaising with colleagues to create and deliver dissemination plans and supporting colleagues across the department and organisation with research work. There will be opportunities for overseas travel.
Start date would ideally be 1st November 2017. Closing date for applications: Midnight, Monday 11th September 2017First stage interviews are scheduled for Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th September.Second stage interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 26th for September.