HR Systems Analyst
Short info about job
Company: University of Exeter
Department: HR Services
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1484 2011016
Fax: +44-1367 2084350
Detail information about job HR Systems Analyst. Terms and conditions vacancy
The University of Exeter is a Russell Group university that combines world-class research with very high levels of student satisfaction. Exeter has over 21,000 students from more than 130 different countries and is in the top 1% of universities in the world with 98% of its research rated as being of international quality. Our research focuses on some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today. Fifty percent of our organisation is made up of Professional Services support staff that partner closely with the Academic colleges to ensure we achieve our strategy and vision.
This full time role is available immediately.
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate with expert systems skills to join our HR team. Working closely with the HR Systems Manager, you will support existing and new HR IT systems, help to grow our provision of management information and contribute to the continuous improvement of the HR Systems team.
We are looking for someone who is excited by putting together complex reports and evaluating data, and enjoys being a part of a dynamic and ambitious Human Resources team.
What you will be doing
- Maintaining and developing our HR IT systems, identifying opportunities to create efficiencies and automate processes.
- Supporting projects and initiatives that depend on HR systems.
- Helping to design, deliver and analyse complex management information data.
- Providing administrative support to the HR systems team including managing phone and email queries, system testing and coordinating system access.
You will have
- Experience of iTrent and/or substantial experience of other HR/Payroll systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including use of macros, setting up pivot tables and lookup functions.
- A keen eye for analysing data and experience of working with customers to understand and support their business requirements.
- Experience of working in a service delivery team.
- The confidence to review and make recommendations on improving processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and feel comfortable collaborating with a diverse range of people.
- Good knowledge of the Data Protection Act and be able to deal with confidential information appropriately.
The University offers some fantastic benefits including 41 days leave per year, options for flexible working, numerous discounts at leading retailers, an onsite gym, a cycle to work scheme and a stunning campus environment in the heart of Exeter. If you are not currently in Exeter please have a look at our website (www.exeter.ac.uk/thesouthwest) for some further information on what a beautiful part of the country we are based in.
The University of Exeter is an equal opportunity employer. We are officially recognised as a Disability Confident employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.