PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication
Short info about job
Company: University of Stirling
Salary: £39,324 to £46,924 p.a., Grade 8
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1437 5984222
Fax: +44-1435 2377136
Detail information about job Digital Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
Post Details Location: Stirling Campus
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Directorate of Communications, Marketing and Public Engagement for a Digital Manager. At the University of Stirling we communicate with a global audience across paid, earned and owned digital channels and we require a dynamic individual to provide leadership across our digital estate.
Our website attracted over 2 million users in the last year and is one of our most important marketing channels. Working closely with the Marketing Manager, you will manage the content strategy and oversee the output of high quality content including copy, photography, video, animation and infographics, ensuring it is on brand, measurable and relevant to target audiences. In addition, you will have oversight of the technology and systems used by the digital team that underpins delivery of the marketing content and creative assets. The post holder will be a content specialist with expertise in writing and creating engaging content for multiple target audience groups. You will be creative and innovative with the ability to bring to life insights, topics and trends, interrogate analytics and provide great reporting. You will have an appreciation of the technological environment within which the digital marketing team operates and an understanding of the tools and business processes required to deliver high-quality creative assets and targeted content.
Description of Duties
You will be responsible for managing the University’s digital content channels, including the website and social media, ensuring that the conversation is engaging, on brand and relevant to our priority markets.
The post holder will support the development of a digital content strategy through research, planning and implementation of content across multiple channels including:
- Digital campaigns (paid and organic), email marketing, content development and implementation (copy and rich media), Reporting and Insights and social media.
- Developing standards, systems and best practice for content creation, distribution, maintenance, and content repurposing.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Responsibility for managing a team of content officers and set best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Developing the use of print and digital technologies with compelling content to improve our communication and marketing to prospective students i.e. content for a variety of different channels including landing pages, email, social media, apps, directories, and course pages.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing content and working closely with the web development team to implement.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of content on external and third party websites, i.e. University profile and course content on portals and affiliate sites.
- Researching and creating innovative and interesting content to support the development of infographics, presentations and other emerging digital media.
- Working with the communications and marketing team to research and develop content that enhances the University research, recruitment and brand profile online and in print.
For further information, including essential criteria and details on how to apply, please see www.stir.ac.uk/jobs