Library Services and Information Management
Short info about job
Company: Birmingham City University
Department: Library and Learning Resources
Salary: £28,508 to £30,986
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1434 7516815
Fax: +44-1329 4819396
Detail information about job Library Supervisor. Terms and conditions vacancy
Library Supervisor x2
Location: City Centre Campus
Library & Learning Resources are seeking to appoint two full time (37 hours) Library Supervisors to join the Library Systems & Resource Administration team based at our City Centre Campus.
Responsible for the management and provision of all library resources to our customers, and with a strong commitment to customer service, this new team offers an exciting opportunity to be involved in delivering services across electronic, print and digital environments.
The two successful candidates will have an initial focus on one the following areas:
- E-Resources Management: Responsibility for the day to day delivery of e-resources through effective use of the library’s e-resource management tools and associated discovery layer. The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing relationships with content providers, plus the life cycle of online resources through purchase, renewal and cancellation. This role will be the main point of contact for all e-resource subscriptions and the provision of data to support purchase decisions.
- Digital Library: This role has a focus on supporting and promoting the Library’s digitisation process under the CLA licences and wider rights management. Working closely with colleagues who carry out scanning activity, this post holder will gain familiarity with copyright and the licences required for digitisation within Higher Education environments. The role will also take the lead on the team’s Digital Confidence agenda, including providing training and familiarisation sessions on library systems across the department.
The successful candidate will gain familiarity in a wide variety of areas associated with the library, but will focus on one of the key areas above.
For an informal discussion and further information around any of these areas, please contact Paul Williams ([email protected]).
All posts require the following generic skills, knowledge and experience:
- Awareness of developments in the higher education sector
- Ability to cope with an environment of change
- Ability to innovate
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of organisational ability
- Commitment to meeting the needs of stakeholders effectively
- Ability to demonstrate substantial experience of working in a customer focused environment, preferably within the library sector
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, effective customer service provision.
In order to be considered for the role, you must attach your CV and Covering Letter to your application. Candidates are advised to remove personal information from their CV, including name. Your CV must evidence how you meet the requirements of the post, with particular reference to the personal specification.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 2nd October 2017.
For more information about applying and for the job description for the post, please see the current vacancies on the BCU website: http://jobs.bcu.ac.uk/.
Alternatively if you require the application in a different format please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or on 0121 331 6693.
Birmingham City University holds an Athena Swan Bronze Award and promotes the advancement of gender equality through Representation, Progression and Success for All. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.