Alumni Affairs & Events Assistant
Administrative,Fundraising and Alumni,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication
Short info about job
Company: University of California Trust (UK)
Salary: £15 per hour
Hours: Part Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-161 5086090
Fax: +44-1353 9074951
Detail information about job Alumni Affairs & Events Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
Contact Hours: 15-20/week. Evening and/or weekend as required.
Directly Reporting to: Jodi Anderson – Senior Director, Violet Del Toro – Communications Manager
The University of California Trust (UK) was established in 1999 and is a registered British Charity (No. 1075405). The UC Trust (UK) facilitates charitable giving from the UK and Europe, providing donors with a variety of tax effective ways to give to the University of California from abroad.
This Alumni Affairs & Events Assistant position is for a fixed term of 12 months, with the possibility of extending into a more permanent role.
Areas of responsibility
Events Coordination and Management
- To perform venue research, liaise with suppliers, caterers and venues.
- Event preparation including creating detailed event running sheets, name badges, brochures, and other materials.
- Staff events and act as a key point person; when the occasion arises lead and direct event volunteers.
- Event follow-up, including thank you notes, producing invoices, social media updates, etc.
Alumni Relations & Student Support Program
- Act as first point of contact for all inquiries, and respond as appropriate
- Undertake online prospect research to develop knowledge of UC alumni in the UK and Europe and support outreach efforts
- Coordinate logistics for Alumni Board Meetings, including booking event space, catering, taking of minutes and providing general assistance during presentations
- To liaise with Alumni Leaders about upcoming network events, including sending over event sheets, performing venue visits (when necessary), setting up Eventbrite pages, sending weekly attendee updates, etc.
- Liaise with the UCEAP Study Center to involve students in UC Trust (UK) and alumni events as appropriate and vice-versa
- Working with the Senior Director, provide administrative support for UCLA development and outreach projects, including, but not limited to the promotion of UK and European scholarships with a view to increasing charitable giving
- Provide support to local clubs for events designed to support students or raise money for scholarships
Marketing, Communications & Social Media
- To assist with implementing marketing campaigns through e-mail, print or social media.
- To assist with the sourcing of materials for, proofreading and set-up of social media channels.
Office Administration & Database Entry
- Maintaining office supplies to ensure a smooth-running of the facility
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- Carrying out research and special projects as requested
- Ability to work in London and flexible with schedule (some evening and weekend work will be required)
- Must have right to work in the UK
- Creative eye, with a high level of attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – in person, in writing, and over the phone
- Team player with positive attitude, good problem-solving skills and enthusiastic approach to work
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Able to commit to 12 month agreement
- Ability to work independently but seek out clarification as necessary
- Some affiliation with or demonstrable knowledge of the University of California system
- Some experience or interest in social media, communications/marketing and events’ coordination
- Experience working with digital and social media marketing tools: Hootsuite, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, CMS Cascade, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Survey Monkey, Doodle, Google Calendar
- Interest in the charity/non-profit sector, higher education and international education
Please send a coverletter and CV to Violet Del Toro, Communications Manager – [email protected] by the close of business on Friday 15 September 2017.