Short info about job
Company: Prospects College of Advanced Technology
Salary: £21,634 to £34,052 (dependent upon skills & experience)
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1539 5382720
Fax: +44-1564 9257324
Detail information about job Training Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
Job Purpose: In our determination to further develop our service and responsiveness to industry we are seeking an enthusiastic individual in the management of industrial links and workplace assessments for a key account employer. The post holder would be expected to take responsibility for the quality of industrial partnerships and to manage the workplace assessment and verification.
The post-holder would work with and support the employer’s apprenticeship programme to ensure the alignment of the on and off job training and assessment and lead on the triangulation of formal behavioural assessment.
- To develop links and negotiate assessment arrangements with the employer and manage coordination with the external assessors & academic co-ordinators
- Take responsibility for ensuring targets are set and tracking, reviews & monitoring of apprentice progress takes place in a timely manner to ensure smooth running of the programme
- Provide regular reporting to the employer on apprentice progress to ensure timely achievement and stretch and challenge
- To meet on a regular basis with academic and/or employer staff that are involved in on-site assessments
- Provide regular reporting to the Heads of Department and Head of Apprenticeships on progress and issues arising and attend employer review meetings as appropriate
- To help, guide and support students to transition into the role as an apprentice with the employer and be a point of contact throughout the programme
- To work with supervisors and key stakeholders to ensure that apprentices are placed in a safe and suitable work situation where work based training can be clearly identified.
- To coordinate with the employer and assessors to ensure that each apprentice has the range of opportunities required for their competence assessment and that there is alignment between the on and off site learning
- Collaborate with the employer, academic staff and apprentices on the benchmarking and progress of behaviours development
- Facilitate the End Point Assessment for apprentices on behalf of the employer, if required
- Strive to achieve high employer and apprentice satisfaction ratings.
The list of duties is not exhaustive but outlines the main features of the post at appointment and may vary as the job evolves without affecting the nature of the duties or the responsibility level.