Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
Engineering and Technology,Mechanical Engineering
Short info about job
Company: Edinburgh Napier University
Department: School of Engineering & the Build Environment
Salary: £38,833 to £47,722 Excellent Benefits Package
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1428 8912628
Fax: +44-1372 5127563
Detail information about job Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering. Terms and conditions vacancy
Join Edinburgh Napier University and engineer a career that shapes the future
We are currently looking for a lecturer to join the School of Engineering & the Built Environment in Mechanical Engineering. Our School of Engineering & the Built Environment has a long history of innovative applied research, working with both industry specialists and the government on cutting edge projects that are internationally renowned and world leading. From automation and robotics, energy and renewables, to advanced materials, manufacturing and product design engineering our work has gained national and international recognition and influences our teaching programmes. We are specifically proud to host the Institute for Sustainable Construction and the Transport Research Institute, two internationally leading institutes with a focus on research.
Here at Edinburgh Napier we actively promote a strong inclusive environment and are proud of the progress of our inclusivity strategy, following our recent SEBE Athena Swan accreditation.
As a lecturer, you will build on established track record of research or significant professional practice. You will develop, design and deliver teaching and student centred learning within the mechanical engineering field as well as the broader range of engineering subjects supported by the group. You will have the opportunity to work overseas contributing to the international academic reputation of Edinburgh Napier University.
Who We Are Looking For
- A doctoral level qualification, or equivalent achieved through professional practice or enterprise, in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Design, Manufacturing related subject or similar
- Evidence of an academic research profile or professional practice that is commensurate with the stage of your career alongside a commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in a subject area/specialism to develop high quality teaching/learning and research programmes and have experience of research led teaching and/or training.
- Evidence of excellent communication at all levels
- Demonstrable evidence of a teaching specialisation and teaching experience
- Experience of undergraduate and postgraduate programme leadership
- A broad range of experience across several of the essential requirement areas
- Extensive relevant industrial experience and contacts
- Evidence of achievement in a leadership role and management experience
- Fellowship of the HEA
- CEng / progressing towards CEng
- Membership of a relevant professional institution such as I MechE / IET / IED
For a detailed list of the requirements, you can read the full role profile here.
Benefits We Offer
Salary: Grade 6 £38,833 - £47,722 per annum
Further information about our benefits can be found here.
Application Closing Date: 27th September
Initial interviews are expected to be held week commencing 9th October or 16th October
For informal discussions about this position, please contact Suendoss Burwaiss on 0131 455 3455 or email [email protected]
Edinburgh Napier University is committed to supporting equality in the workplace and encourages diversity. We currently hold a bronze Athena SWAN institutional award.