Research Fellow in Health Economics
Health and Medical,Medicine and Dentistry,Economics
Short info about job
Company: University of Technology Sydney
Department: Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation (CHERE)
£61,443.27 to £70,309.51 converted salary* per annum plus 17% superannuation
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1444 5518402
Fax: +44-1397 2157409
Detail information about job Research Fellow in Health Economics. Terms and conditions vacancy
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation (CHERE) is seeking to appoint a Research Fellow with experience in health economics, biostatistics or health services research to contribute to a number of projects within our economic evaluation team.
CHERE is recognised nationally and internationally as a centre of excellence in health economics, and is a recognised Research Strength of the University of Technology, Sydney. The economic evaluation team, which is led by Professor Stephen Goodall, undertakes independent research, commissioned work and performs critical appraisal of health technology assessments. A key component of the role will be evaluating Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) submissions and preparing health technology assessment reports for the Medical Benefits Advisory Committee. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing modelled cost-effectiveness analysis
- Critical appraisal of PBAC submissions
- Analysis of clinical trial and patient data
- Preparing high quality written reports and peer-reviewed journal articles
- Contributing to researcher initiated research projects
As the successful candidate, you will
- Be an effective team member - already working closely with health economists, clinical experts and biostatisticians.
- Have excellent written and quantitative skills, with experience in using modelling software, such as Excel and TreeAge.
- Be skilled in statistical analysis, data interpretation, conducting systematic reviews and meta-analyses would be an advantage.
- Possess a post-graduate qualification in health economics, epidemiology, statistics, pharmacy or pharmacology.
- Be experienced in health services or social science research; familiarity with the Australian health care system is desirable.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $99,924 - $114,343 pa (Level B)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a 2 year fixed-term full-time basis.
How To ApplyPlease click on ‘apply’ to be taken to the Jobs at UTS recruitment portal.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Professor Stephen Goodall, Deputy Director of CHERE at [email protected]
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at [email protected] or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd October 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.