Corporate Engagement – Events and Projects Manager
Administrative,Hospitality, Retail, Conferences and Events,PR, Marketing, Sales and Communication
Short info about job
Company: Imperial College London
Salary: £45,400 to £54,880
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1285 3655120
Fax: +44-1558 1278503
Detail information about job Corporate Engagement – Events and Projects Manager. Terms and conditions vacancy
South Kensington Campus
Salary Range £45,400 – £54,880 p.a. (Professional Services Level 4)
Are you highly skilled at organising and managing high-quality commercial events and service delivery projects? Would you like to be part of a team that is genuinely excited about the impact of science and technology on business, helping to shape it? If so, this could be the perfect career opportunity for you.
It’s fascinating times for our Corporate Engagement (CE) team. Our mission is to attract new and wider corporate audiences by highlighting the excellence of Imperial’s academic output, through both large-scale and exclusive events and other forms of professional services.
Within Corporate Engagement, Imperial Tech Foresight (ITF) looks ahead at how breakthrough lab discoveries today could shape the next 20 years of innovation; Imperial Business Partners (IBP) offers an exclusive membership platform for corporates to get to grips with strategic challenges and, thirdly, we deliver insightful corporate-focused communications content. You will work across all three functions, helping to inspire and enrich the companies that we work with.
In this fast paced and challenging role, you will:
- Lead organisation, logistics and delivery of corporate events and other forms of professional services (e.g. analytical reports), or manage this as outsourced activity to external suppliers.
- Provide the CE team with an overall project management capability, supporting delivery of multiple client streams.
- Support the CE team in coordinating workflow to a network of suppliers including design agencies, media and video production, and manage the delivery of multiple suppliers.
- Track and manage the ITF client opportunity pipeline and support the development of proposals.
- Maintain overall ITF budget discipline, preparing income and expenditure forecasts for ITF. Support IBP in maintaining the same.
- Facilitate ITF and IBP online communications, social media and marketing, by ensuring the web and other infrastructure underpinning these communications is fit for purpose.
Experience of design and delivery of experiential corporate conferences, tradeshows, professional services projects and large scale or senior executive events is essential in this role. You will rely on your solid experience in modern corporate marketing and communications methods. We anticipate that you will have gained this experience in a position such as a Marketing and Events Manager, Corporate Events Manager, Project Manager, Marketing Events Manager, Strategic Events Manager, Marketing and Promotions Manager.
You will be an excellent communicator with first-rate project management skills. Interested in science and technology, you will be innovative, proactive and self-directed to plan and work flexibly with other members of the team that may include a mix of academics, contract staff and external delivery partners.
For further details, please contact Ivona Ryan (Executive Coordinator) on [email protected] or 020 7594 8948
Closing date – midnight on Monday 25th September 2017.
Interviews will be held in week commencing 2nd October 2017.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity. We are also an Athena Bronze SWAN Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Two Ticks Employer.