You have the opportunity to join the Queensland public sector; in a position of trust where you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders.
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Department of Premier and Cabinet
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Director. Terms and conditions vacancy
Dept of the Premier and Cabinet / 1 William Street Brisbane
You have the opportunity to join the Queensland public sector; in a position of trust where you will contribute to better outcomes for Queenslanders by giving effect to the policies and priorities of the elected Government.
About us: As the lead central agency of the Queensland public service, we serve the Premier and Cabinet, build confidence in and drive an innovative government, while providing whole of government leadership to deliver outstanding results and value for money for the people of Queensland.
Our vision is to make a positive difference for Queenslanders now and into the future.
Our objectives: Through innovative, effective policy and by seeking the best strategic advantage for Queensland we will support the government to create jobs in a strong economy in Queensland. We will be a responsive government by delivering strong, accountable government and a high performing workforce. We will do this by collaborating across government in a coordination role as well as contributing directly to policy initiatives to ensure the attainment of Our Future State; Advancing Queensland's Priorities.
Our principles: leadership, inclusion, collaboration, empowerment, innovation and trust guide everything we do.
Our commitment: We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace by supporting equal opportunities irrespective of gender, culture, generation, sexual orientation or disability. We promote a respectful workplace culture that is free from all forms of harassment, workplace bullying, discrimination and violence. We recognise the importance of supporting and retaining a mobile, flexible and agile workforce.
Your contribution: As Director you will develop and provide strategic policy advice and options on all aspects of policy development in the Social Policy team. You will:
- coordinate the development and implementation of the Government’s policy priorities across relevant departments and agencies
- identify, analyse and develop of whole-of-government policy advice and options on major policy issues relevant to Queensland
- manage the development of projects and whole-of-government liaison on policy issues
- manage the development of whole-of-government responses to emerging policy issues
- manage the preparation of strategic responses to policy issues coming before Cabinet
- represent Policy Division or the Government as required at inter-departmental and inter-governmental meetings
- lead and manage a team of policy officers to develop, implement and provide advice on government priorities
For further information about this role and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website at www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
Job Ad Reference: QLD/282148/18
Closing Date: Wednesday 25 July 2018
All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any additional support or reasonable adjustments required during the recruitment process.