Project Officer and IT Administrator
Lead in the development, compilation and maintenance of specialised data applications to support the Victoria Police Monitoring and Assessment Centre
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Victoria Police
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Project Officer and IT Administrator. Terms and conditions vacancy
- VPSG4 range $82,574 - $93,689 p.a. + super + leave loading.
- One full time, ongoing position available
- Position located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands
About the role:
As the successful applicant, you will lead in the development, compilation and maintenance of specialised data applications to support Victoria Police Monitoring and Assessment Centre (VP MAC) operations. You will operate within a hi-tech facility designed to capture, share, understand and act on quality intelligence related to Victoria Police operations.
Primarily the Project Officer and IT Administrator will be responsible for:
- Developing, deployment, maintenance of data applications and related projects as directed by the VP MAC Officer in Charge (OIC) and VP MAC management team
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of developments and initiatives relevant to information processes and providing input into the maintenance and improvement of systems, regulations and legislations.
- Providing guidance and assistance to analysts actively seeking to improve programming / technical skills and knowledge by providing constructive feedback, coaching and training.
- Liaising with internal and external vendors and stakeholders to ensure effective resolution of relevant issues related to the VP MAC applications or projects.
Some of your duties will include:
- Building data products including platform architecture, connecting data and accessing analytics.
- Maintaining applications.
- Providing sound advice and recommendations for the improvement of existing applications.
- Liaising with other Victoria Police departments and stakeholders in relation to ongoing projects.
- Improving the information flow and consequence management within Victoria Police and throughout the State.
- Performing real time analysis by interrogating state-wide operational information systems.
- Monitoring Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and other data systems to provide advice to members of the Command on service demand impacts.
- Providing real time interpretation, analysis and monitoring of social media platforms.
- Assisting with the supervision of a hi-tech facility, designed to capture, share, understand and act on quality intelligence (reliable and accurate) related to terrorism, crime, traffic and public order issues and ensure that the intelligence produced is disseminated to all relevant stakeholders to support operational policing and other police activity and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Performing day to day shift functions of the VP MAC including care, maintenance and security of equipment and portfolio duties as assigned.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- A degree in a quantitative field, with a focus on programming, mathematics and data skills (Engineering, Software/Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) would be highly desirable.
- A demonstrated technical knowledge of and application building object-based languages.
- A technical knowledge and experience in working with third party API's.
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships, anticipate and address emerging issues.
- Highly developed research and writing skills and demonstrated ability to present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with proven capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve unit goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of ESRI-GIS applications.
- Experience and knowledge in understanding information security, relevant legislation and regulations.
Requirements and relevant information:
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo National Security Vetting, achieve and maintain a security classification as determined by the Department Head. To achieve this, applicants must be an Australian Citizen.
- The incumbent will be required to work Rostered Hours, Shift work, some Public Holidays and Weekends. Shift allowances will be paid in accordance with the relevant Victorian Public Service Agreement.
- Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo a critical thinking assessment (psychometric testing) and a collaborative exercise in the Hydra Suite at the Victoria Police Academy.
- The position is located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders Street, Docklands.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 5 August 2018 - No applications will be accepted via email.
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements / reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email [email protected]
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au