Seasonal firefighting staff, Mount Lofty Ranges and Mount Gambier
ForestrySA is recruiting temporary and casual team fire season staff members for commencement on 15 October 2018, until 30 April 2019.
Summary about this job
Location: Fleurieu Peninsula & Kangaroo Island
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job Seasonal firefighting staff, Mount Lofty Ranges and Mount Gambier. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Temporary and casual team member positions available for 2018-19 fire season.
- Based in the Mount Lofty Ranges and Mount Gambier forest districts.
- General forest maintenance, establishment duties and fire protection.
ForestrySA is recruiting Temporary and Casual Team members for commencement on 15 October 2018, until the 30 April 2019.
Temporary Team Members will be required to perform general forest maintenance, establishment and protection duties as well as being an essential fire crew member for fire standby, fire-fighting and associated training. Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, will include some standby and fire-fighting on weekends/public holidays and after hours
Casual Team Members must be available for fire standby and firefighting outside and during normal working hours, which includes weekends and public holidays and includes some after hours,
Sometimes the work will be performed under physically testing conditions.
Successful candidates must possess/pass:
- Current class C manual drivers licence
- Medical and fitness assessment
- National Police Check
- CFS BF1 or equivalent
- Truck Licence MR/HR
- Chainsaw operation accreditation
- Skills or experience in forestry, parks or rural work
- First Aid certificate
For further information or to apply (include cover letter and resume) email: [email protected] to the attention of: Mark Guildford Coordinator Fire Operations, or call 0419 768 650.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 20 July 2018.