Electrical/ Mechanical Technician
Join our growing team of Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technicians at our Melbourne Parcels Facility in Sunshine West.
Summary about this job
Government - Federal
Company: Australia Post Group
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Electrical/ Mechanical Technician. Terms and conditions vacancy
For more than two centuries, Australia Post has been delivering letters and parcels across the country. These days, we’re shipping more than ever. And in this position, you’ll be in amongst the action, working with the cutting-edge technology that makes it all possible.
About the team
Our Maintenance Operations team sits in our Engineering division. Every day they work up close with incredibly sophisticated machinery at our parcel facilities. If there’s a technical problem, they’re on top of it.
About the role
As part of the Maintenance Operations team you will:
- Keep our mail processing machines in top working order through corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance
- Know how to pinpoint problems and repair complex faults
- Accurately record all plant and material maintenance transactions (including planning) using SAP
- Work with a great team. Not just in Maintenance Operations, but alongside other service teams that keep our mail processing systems running smoothly
- Give technical assistance and do relief work at the Melbourne Gateway Facility, when it’s needed
- Make safety the top priority for all your work
What are we looking for?
When it comes to technical maintenance, you’re a specialist. You’ll already have plenty of practical experience monitoring and repairing processing equipment. Exposure to PLC and variable speed drives is also advantageous while Industrial technicians with exposure to manual handling systems such as conveyor and material handling will also grab our attention. Likewise, you’ll be able to show us that you’ve worked well independently – and as part of team.
The minimum qualification requirements are:
- A current Victorian Electrical License (Certificate III in Electro technology, Systems Technician or Higher Qualifications)
- Mechanical trades or higher with (or willing to get) disconnect reconnect licence.
And we’d be very impressed if you have:
- A Certificate IV in Electro Technology (Systems Electrician) or equivalent. (Even if you’re mid-way through your qualification).
- A Certificate IV in Business (Frontline Management) or equivalent (Even if you’re mid-way through your qualification).
- Previous experience with automated systems, industrial electronics or mechatronics.
What’s it like to work here?
Parcel facilities are a hive of activity and our Technical Officers, are at the heart of it. They’re big places, but you’ll be part of a friendly team that knows our systems and machines inside out. Due to our large internal Engineering division we offers a range of career pathways and support with ongoing training and development opportunities. Given the critical nature of these roles we’re after someone who’s flexible to change rosters and the ability to work overtime at short notice across multiple sites.
The Australia Post philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.