Professional Officer Nursing & Midwifery
Work in a friendly environment to assess the qualifications of applicants for Nursing and Midwifery registration and provide expert level advice
Summary about this job
Government - State
Company: Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Attractive base salary of $110,609.00 + Super
Detail information about job Professional Officer Nursing & Midwifery. Terms and conditions vacancy
- High performing, dynamic and collaborative team
- Full time fixed term contract to 30 June 2019
- Work for a large national organisation, genuine career development opportunities
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) works in partnership with 15 National Boards to implement the national regulatory scheme for health professionals. The purpose of health practitioner regulation is to protect the public by ensuring that only health practitioners who have the skills, qualifications and knowledge to provide safe care are registered.
The purpose of the role is to assess the overseas qualifications of applicants for registration, the qualifications and competencies of applicants for registration in the categories of nurse practitioner, eligible midwife and other nursing and midwifery registration categories. You will be required to have a high level of professional expertise, contemporary knowledge and deliver advice on nursing and midwifery practice in a manner that is consistent with agreed policies, processes, procedures, standards and requirements of the National Law.
In this role you will:
- Provide expert level professional advice on nursing and/or midwifery regulatory issues that impact on professional practice and present findings with recommendations to inform the relevant committee or Board.
- Represent and promote AHPRA and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia with stakeholders including in presentations and at industry forums
- Manage and undertake activities, guidance and direction to registrations staff with regards to all aspects of the assessment of overseas qualifications which require nursing and/or midwifery expertise and knowledge of the profession and its practice.
- Undertake complex assessments of qualifications and competencies of applicants for registration in the categories of nurse practitioner, eligible midwife, endorsed nurse or midwives, overseas applicants and other nursing and midwifery registration categories, as required.
- Where required provide expert nursing and midwifery knowledge and advice to AHPRA and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate the following:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse or Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and holds a current practicing certificate.
- A good understanding of the health regulation environment, particularly relating to policy development, and the assessment of competencies that lead to registration in a health setting
- Demonstrated ability and experience in understanding, interpreting and applying legislation and relevant registration standards and policies
- Highly developed and effective written, oral and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability in policy and procedure development; writing accurate and concise reports , presenting information and coordinating forums and workshops
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to negotiate in a complex and changing environment
- High level understanding of contemporary nursing and midwifery regulatory and professional practice issues
- High level organisational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines and deliver quality work in a regulatory environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a small team environment and also show initiative and work independently when required.
- Demonstrated experience in leading significant or complex projects.
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive working culture with an active social club
- Great work/life balance with generous provisions for personal leave and annual leave loading
- Attractive base salary of $110,609.00 per annum
- Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application and view the position description
- Please submit your application from a confidential email address where you are prepared to receive all emails regarding the position
- Your application must include a resume and maximum two page response to at least two of the Personal Attributes under key requirements which are stated in the position description
- Applications must be submitted by 4:00pm on 26 July 2018
- For further information or enquiries please contact Trina Ng or Susan Reid (08) 6141 6035or email [email protected]
- As part of your application, all applicants external to AHPRA must provide evidence of their right to work in Australia