Seeking an Inventory Accountant to join our Market Leading Brand in a permanent position.
Summary about this job
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Company: Michael Hill Jeweller
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Detail information about job Inventory Accountant. Terms and conditions vacancy
At Michael Hill, we're celebrating 35 years in the jewellery business with continued rapid expansion across Australia, New Zealand and Canada employing over 2,800 people.
Our Murarrie based finance department that comprises over 35 people who are responsible for the finance function for the Group. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this hands-on role is responsible for the end to end preparation of month end accounts for our Manufacturing and Distribution companies. Software packages used include our in-house sales and inventory system and our accounting system Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Month end accounting processes including journals, intercompany sales recognition and closing stock
- Detailed reconciliation of purchases and closing stock between the stock system and the general ledger
- Deep dive reviews of GP performance
- Release of monthly results to management
- Working with stakeholders to develop their understanding of results and processes and responding to queries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and process improvements
As an accountant at this level, we know you’ll have great written and verbal communication skills, will possess a strong work ethic and time management skills, and will have strong Excel skills. But what will set you apart is your inquisitiveness and ability pick things up quickly. You will like understanding the big picture, but enjoy working in the detail. Your ability to work autonomously is a big plus as is any previous retail and inventory experience.
In return we offer:
- An ASX and NZX listed multinational company that is growing rapidly
- Exposure to international accounting, tax and retail practices
- Exposure to retail environments across four countries
- Competitive salary and great employee purchasing privileges
- Opportunities for future career growth with an expanding organisation
- An opportunity to work with executives and senior managers
- A collaborative team environment
So what are you waiting for? Apply online now to invest in your brighter future.