Payroll and Accounts Officer
Pindari WA Pty Ltd is seeking a team member to join our Dunsborough Head Office Finance Department.
Summary about this job
Company: Pindari WA PTY LTD
Location: Bunbury & South West
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Payroll and Accounts Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
Due to continued growth Pindari WA Pty Ltd is seeking another team member to join our Dunsborough Head Office Finance Department in executing the company's day to day Payroll and Accounting activities. This is a demanding hands on role, contributing as a key member of a small team and you must reside in the local area to be considered for the position.
General role requirements:
- Ability to work in a team administering several critical business functions, including Payroll (essential), Accounting and Procurement
- Proven experience in excel spreadsheets, business administration, preparing and reporting financial data
- Competent in accounting principles, systems and processes to ensure Company compliance, continuous improvement and best practice.
Ideally you will have a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience in payroll and accounts management. Previous experience using ADP Payroll systems will be highly regarded. The ability to work well under pressure and deal with an often demanding and changing work environment will be an asset. Being equipped with well-developed people skills, effective communication and customer service capabilities are essential to work with a range of stakeholders including Pindari's three business divisions and a large remote FIFO workforce.
Range of Responsibilities:
- Completing the weekly payroll process for approximately 120 employees
- Updating and maintaining payroll systems with accuracy and confidentiality
- Communicating with department managers on payroll and staffing issues
- Liaising with the Payroll Outsourcing provider (ADP)
- Processing new employee contracts, details and terminations
- Providing regular and ad-hoc payroll reports to management
- Award and legislation interpretation
- Maintaining employee leave entitlements in both systems to ensure accuracy and correlation
- Managing workers compensation
- First point of contact for employees, monitor and manage correspondence, and respond and resolve all payroll queries
- Debtor, Creditor and Inventory activity including input of sales & purchase invoices, bank deposits & payments.
- Produce accurate and timely financial statements, budgets and expenditure reports
- Prepare business management reports, plans and budgets, interim variance reports and reconcile monthly management accounts
- Cost data for preparation of operating budgets, profit and loss calculations including department performance assessments against goals/targets
- Routine statistical and actuarial computations for insurances, labour rates, general business practices and finances
- Develop and Implement effective financial strategies to safeguard and grow the business
- Meet ATO, client and company legislative reporting and requirements
- Desired Values and Aptitudes:
- Integrity, reliability and accountability
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to take instruction and follow through on tasks
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning and feedback
- Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
- Able to work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving capabilities – you are able to identify issues, and analyse data and work with your team and other stakeholders to solve problems.
- Advanced computer skills - using a range of financial and payroll packages including Cloud based (MYOB, Xero and Microsoft Office Suite as a minimum).
If this sounds like you, please send your CV along with a covering letter addressing the above selection criteria to the Human Resources Manager at [email protected]
For enquiries please phone our HR Department at Head Office on 9759 1977