Accounts Clerk - Southport - Part Time
The BUSY Group are seeking an experienced Accounts Clerk to join our dynamic and innovative Finance team as part of Corporate Services in Southport.
Summary about this job
Company: The Busy Group
Location: Gold Coast
Work type: Part Time
Detail information about job Accounts Clerk - Southport - Part Time. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Based in Southport
- Part Time (19 hours per week)
- Immediate Start
BUSY At Work is a not-for-profit organisation providing apprenticeship, employment and community programs.
We have 40 years' experience providing skilling solutions and services to businesses, workers and job seekers. BUSY At Work provide a wide range of services including recruitment and apprenticeship support services, employment and community services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary purpose of this position is to keeping financial records updated, prepare reports and reconcile bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. NAV) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounts clerk should be familiar with accounting procedures, ensuring accuracy, integrity and timeliness of data.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Other duties as required by the Finance Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in a similar role, including some knowledge of financial accounting;
- Experience with NAV preferred
- Initiative and motivation to positively progress tasks;
- Must come with a “Can Do” attitude and positive work behaviour;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, whilst ensuring strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Medium sized Business Accounting Software
- Demonstrated ability to meet timeframes;
- Confidence in and have a well-developed IT technical skills, especially MS Excel;
- Positive approach to a continual changing work environment;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in similar role essential
- Business/Finance related qualification, preferred but not essential
- Advanced MS Excel Skills.
CULTURE & VALUES
At BUSY At Work we value inclusiveness, excellence, resilience, integrity and innovation. These values are entrenched in the work we do and how we conduct our business.
We want to work with people who are passionate about creating long term sustainable employment opportunities for jobseekers.
BUSY is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY
Our preferred method of application is on Seek.
For further information, please contact [email protected]
Please do not apply directly to the recruitment email address.