Workplace Health and Safety Officer
* WHS Officer* Aluminium or Manufacturing Industry Experience * Eagle Farm Location * Stable Family Company
Summary about this job
Occupational Health & Safety
Company: G. James Glass and Aluminium
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Workplace Health and Safety Officer. Terms and conditions vacancy
G. James Glass and Aluminium is Australia's leading integrated glass, aluminium, window and door manufacturer and contractor. Our privately owned, family company employs over 2300 people with operations throughout Australia.
G. James Aluminium Products is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Workplace Health & Safety Officer to support its Eagle Farm manufacturing operations (including aluminium extrusion presses, finishing plants, packing, warehouse and distribution).
To be successful you will need to develop solid relationships with production managers and supervisors to complete safety tasks and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Hazard/risk identification, incident reporting, investigation and corrective actions
- Injury management, prevention, rehabilitation and return to work tasks
- New worker inductions, daily start-ups and toolbox talks
- Training and assessment of in-house SOPs and high risk tasks (e.g. crane operation)
- Provide support to production manager, supervisors and team leaders to implement and maintain safety improvement activities
- Ensure that safety standards are implemented and maintained in line with company policies and procedures and regulatory/statutory compliance requirements
- Focus on continuous improvement of workplace health and safety
- Previous experience as a Workplace Health & Safety Officer within manufacturing (including large automated facility) - aluminium processing would be preferable
- Current qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety
- Previous experience in workplace rehabilitation as a return to work coordinator
- Well developed communication skills with attention to detail, whilst also achieving goals / deadlines
- Capability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and to participate effectively in a team environment
- Proficient working knowledge of Office Suite, including Excel spreadsheeting
G. James offers excellent employment conditions, stability and a commitment to career progression for enthusiastic and motivated individuals.
A salary package will be negotiated commensurate with experience.
If you believe you possess the above mentioned skills, attributes and experience, please forward your covering letter and resume.
G.James Australia celebrated 100 years in 2017
For more information, visit www.gjames.com
G.James is an equal opportunity employer