HR Advisor - 12 Month Contract
We are seeking an experienced HR Advisor to support employees in our parts distribution facility located in Tullamarine (full time 12 month contract).
Summary about this job
Consulting & Generalist HR
Company: Caterpillar of Australia
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job HR Advisor - 12 Month Contract. Terms and conditions vacancy
Reporting to the Asia Pacific HR Manager, we are seeking an experienced and confident HR Advisor to support our parts distribution facility located in Tullamarine on a fixed term 12 month contract.
This generalist role will see you responsible for providing both operational and transactional support to employees and leaders across a wide range of HR functions including; general HR advice and guidance, employment relations, performance management, employee engagement, consulting and counselling, labour hire management, recruitment and selection and adhoc HR administration just to name a few.
Furthermore you will be required to provide support to local leaders to build their leadership capability, by equipping them with the right skills, tools and advice to effectively manage their teams. You will be viewed as a valued partner within the operation and other functional areas to support the development and roll out of local HR initiatives.
Responsibilities of the role may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting leaders with performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Interacting with and providing advice to all levels of employees to assist and resolve a wide variety of people, wage and employment related issues
- EBA & award interpretation and advice
- End to end recruitment (blue and white collar)
- Workcover and Disability Income Protection Management, including return to work
- Employee Opinion Survey coordination and analysis
- Leading onboarding programs, training and development activities
- Collaborating with regional and Corporate HR
- Partnering with Facility Management, Corporate HR, Service Centres, Compensation + Benefits and Payroll teams to assist in the administration and support of employee issues.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or a business related discipline or proven job related experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of local and national HR legislation;
- Demonstrated success in delivering generalist HR support and advice at an advisory/senior advisory level;
- Experience working within logistics/warehouse distribution supporting both blue and white collar employees (desired);
- Well-developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Committed to providing excellent customer service;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and demands and;
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and look for opportunities that generate ideas and change.
Short listed candidates must hold Australian Citizenship and/or Permanent Residency.
Previous applicants need not apply.