Learning & Development Specialist - Community Aged & Disability
Utilise your clinical health background within the community sector to provide training and development services to team members and managers.
Summary about this job
Training & Development
Company: Anglicare SQ
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive Salary plus benefits
Detail information about job Learning & Development Specialist - Community Aged & Disability. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Coordinate a range of development activities both on site and remotely
- Provide core competency and mandatory training programs for team members
- Develop innovative methods of learning for specific community-based programs
About the Position
Our new Anglicare Corporate Services function has been designed to support and strengthen our Client Service teams. As a result, we have a number of new management and professional opportunities across four departments (Organisational Development, Governance, Risk & Assurance, ICT and Finance). This is an exciting time to join Anglicare during transformation to reimagine new innovative ways of serving our current and future clients with the opportunity to make a positive contribution and difference.
Our L&D team are looking for a Specialist - Community Aged & Disability to provide frontline training and end-to-end learning and development activities and for an assigned client group. This is a full time role, based in our Cathedral Precinct in Ann St, and travelling throughout the region to support services on-site.
With a significant background in learning and development, you will be passionate about supporting Anglicare to provide quality care for both aged clients and those with a disability. Skills and experience will include:
- Proven provision of care within aged care and disability support within a community-based service and a robust understanding of relevant legislative requirements
- Clinical specialisation suitable to community, aged or disability sector such as dementia, palliative care or rehabilitation
- Development and delivery of successful training programs and plans; group facilitation, individual mentoring and development
- Significant knowledge of blended, digital and micro-learning L&D delivery methodologies and an ability to develop training to suit a range of learning styles
- An understanding of multi-stream services and working within a multidisciplinary organisation
- Experienced in the implementation of capability and practice frameworks through L&D activities
To be successful in this role, you will bring a collaborative, team-focused approach and the following capabilities:
- Communication, presentation and facilitation skills, with the confidence to present information in a manner well suited to your audience
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- A consultative attitude and dedication to working with a knowledge-sharing focus
- Comfortable working in an open-plan office with a hot-desk style. The role will also require significant travel to services within the region several times a week.
You will be required to hold the following:
- Degree in Nursing or Allied Health, with current professional registration
- Post-graduate qualifications in Adult Education, Health, Human Services or similar field (desired)
- A Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desired)
- Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- National Police Certificate
- A Queensland Driver Licence and a willingness to travel throughout the service region
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals under a proactive manager
- An increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
- Genuine and ongoing opportunity for professional development and career growth
- A CBD location, with easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
- Plenty of choice for coffee and lunch with numerous cafes, restaurants and a local Woolies
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3493
For further information please email
Applications close Monday 9th July 2018
Assistance from Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.