Design and develop a range of learning and development products and activities using a blended approach, to enhance our people’s capabilities.
Summary about this job
Training & Development
Company: Anglicare SQ
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Detail information about job Instructional Designer. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Work collaboratively with L&D specialists to develop interactive solutions
- Identify gaps and lead the implementation of improvements and updates
- Manage end-to-end instructional design of learning modules and programs
About the Position
Our new Anglicare Corporate Services function has been designed to support and strengthen our Client Service teams. As a result, we have a number of new management and professional opportunities across four departments (Organisational Development, Governance, Risk & Assurance, ICT and Finance). This is an exciting time to join Anglicare during transformation to reimagine new innovative ways of serving our current and future clients with the opportunity to make a positive contribution and difference.
Our newly created L&OD team are looking for an Instructional Designer to join us in our Ann St offices on a full time basis. The role will be responsible for the design and implementation of learning and development products, through a variety of traditional and digital mediums, to enhance staff capability.
With a strong, successful career within L&D, your specialisation will be in Instructional Design, and the development of learning solutions. Experience will include:
- Several years in an instructional design role, within a multidisciplinary organisation and/or working multiple channels
- Complete knowledge in all phases of instructional design, from learning needs analysis to implementation and evaluation
- Robust understanding of e-learning processes and technologies and capacity to develop multi-media and training materials
- Significant background with Learning Management Systems - implementation experience would be beneficial
- Capacity to manage improvements and update processes, and guide managers and teams through these changes
- Strong project and stakeholder management; effective balancing of multiple projects within competing timeframes
Along with your practical capacity, cultural and team fit is essential to be successful in this role. We are looking for:
- Communication, negotiation and influencing skills, with the confidence to present information in a manner well suited to your audience
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- A consultative attitude and dedication to working with a knowledge-sharing focus within a collaborative team environment
- The ability to self-manage and streamline your own workload and responsibilities
- Solutions-focused, results-driven and confidence working within a best practice, continuous improvement framework
Your qualifications will include:
- Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional or Educational Technology, Education or similar field
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desired)
- A National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals under a proactive manager
- An increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
- Genuine and ongoing opportunity for professional development and career growth
- A CBD location, with easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
- Plenty of choice for coffee and lunch with numerous cafes, restaurants and a local Woolies
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3495
For further information please email
Applications close Monday 9th July 2018
Assistance from Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.