Act as a business partner to the organisation providing HR advice and support in this true generalist role in Brisbane’s CBD.
Summary about this job
Consulting & Generalist HR
Company: Anglicare SQ
Work type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Detail information about job HR Lead. Terms and conditions vacancy
- Interpret policies, agreements & legislation to ensure best practice is followed
- Oversee day to day responsibilities of a team of HR advisors and administrators
- Empower team leaders and line managers to embrace people management
About the Position
Our new Anglicare Corporate Services function has been designed to support and strengthen our Client Service teams. As a result, we have a number of new management and professional opportunities across four departments (Organisational Development, Governance, Risk & Assurance, ICT and Finance). This is an exciting time to join Anglicare during transformation to reimagine new innovative ways of serving our current and future clients with the opportunity to make a positive contribution and difference.
Our HR Advisory team are looking for a full time HR Lead who will be responsible for providing partner-focused advice and services, along with the daily operational supervision of a small team. This role will be based at our Cathedral Precinct in Ann Street, Brisbane.
Offering a true HR Generalist background, your experience will include all aspects of business partnering to deliver quality people solutions and you will offer:
- Strategic thinking with an ability to quickly understand complex issues and provide solutions and advice
- Proven abilities in implementing best practice, fit for purpose solutions in relation to policy and procedures, employment contracts, employee onboarding and off-boarding, employee benefits and relations
- Sound working knowledge of employment legislation and business partnering or senior HR advisory experience
- Experience in advising, coaching and mentoring managers and staff on a full range of HR and ER issues, with the ability to build strong networks with key stakeholders
- An effective and relational leadership style with a demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire excellence in your team
- Able to develop highly effective working relationships by building credibility, respect and rapport
- Change and project management skills, including the ability to influence others
- A proven track record in streamlining processes and technology systems to increase efficiencies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills ,
- A flexible, collaborative approach, a strong work ethic and a team focus
You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification, current Queensland Driver Licence and a National Police Certificate.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals under a proactive manager
- An increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
- Genuine and ongoing opportunity for professional development and career growth
- A CBD location, with easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
- Plenty of choice for coffee and lunch with numerous cafes, restaurants and a local Woolies
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3496
For further information please contact
Michelle Wiseman on 07 3838 7652
Applications close Monday 9th July 2018
Assistance from Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.