Learning and Organisational Development Consultant - National People &...
Provide advice on the design, implementation and evaluation of learning initiatives for the firm supporting our Perth and Darwin offices.
Summary about this job
Training & Development
Company: Clayton Utz
Work type: Contract/Temp
Salary: Competitive salary + super
Detail information about job Learning and Organisational Development Consultant - National People &.... Terms and conditions vacancy
- Opportunity to join a leading Australian law firm in a dynamic & diverse team.
- 4 or 5 days per week, 12 month contract, Perth CBD.
- Design, develop and implement learning programs and lead national OD projects.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Learning & Organisational Development professional to join our National People & Development team located in Perth, working 4-5 days per week for a 12 month contract.
Covering a period of parental leave, we have a 12 month contract vacancy based in our Perth office. This role will see you providing professional support and advice for the Perth office and the National Learning & Organisational Development (L&OD) function through the design, implementation and evaluation of programs and initiatives that support the professional development and continuous learning of all Partners and employees at all levels. This role also provides support for the L&OD function in the Darwin office.
The National People & Development team
With a presence in all our major offices, the National People and Development (P&D) team advises the business on all facets of Human Resources, including employee relations, resourcing, recruitment (both graduate and lateral), remuneration, benefits, reporting, learning and organisational Development.
The L&OD function sits as part of the P&D team, advising and managing all learning and organisational development initiatives for the firm.
This dynamic, fast-paced and varied role will see you:
- Design, deliver and evaluate learning & development offerings that align with and support the needs of the individual, team and firm
- Facilitate and coordinate learning events for clerks, graduates, lawyers and business advisory services employees.
- Project manage national L&OD projects and broader P&D / firm projects adopting effective change management methodologies (some interstate travel may be required)
- Contribute to the design, project management and roll out of national leadership development programs.
- Contribute to the management of L&OD systems, policies and processes including planning, budgeting, recording and reporting.
- Understand the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements for all lawyers and provide advice on the application of these requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external providers to ensure that their products and services are aligned with the firm's needs.
- Build and sustain productive relationships with business leaders and stakeholders to support the effective and efficient operation of the L&OD function
- Identify and liaise with internal faculty / SMEs for L&OD activities.
- Provide one-to-one coaching as needed.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in learning and development, organisational behaviour/psychology, adult education and/or human resources.
- 4+ years' experience as a learning and development professional
- Strong facilitation skills for both large and small groups in topics such as communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership, management and presentation skills.
- Ability to design programs, initiatives and materials in consultation with business leaders and subject matter experts.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- An awareness of key related HR issues, eg. recruitment, performance management, change management and employee relations. Exposure to graduate recruitment would be highly regarded.
- Excellent communication skills, maturity and a client-focussed work ethic.
- Flexibility to work hours necessary to meet business objectives and internal client needs.
In addition to this, we're looking for a resilient, self-starter. Someone who is able to work autonomously and is focused on attention to detail and providing an outstanding service to their clients.
As Australia's leading independent law firm, our culture has been built by innovative thinkers. They are the driving force behind our firm and if you choose to be part of the team your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
We're looking for individuals who will thrive under our spirit of independence. Dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within our collegiate culture. In return we will work to help build the career you've always wanted. Are you up for the challenge?
Why Clayton Utz?
As part of this innovative team you will be working with some of the sharpest legal minds in the industry. Clayton Utz has also been a powerful force in Australian pro bono practice, striving to deliver justice for those who need it and not just those who can afford it. Imagine what you could achieve at a top law firm that actually values independent thinking. A law firm who challenges the status quo.
Go on, challenge your expectations.
How to apply?
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact Antony Kontellis on 02 9353 5431 for more information.
For more information on Clayton Utz, please visit www.claytonutz.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements.