We currently have a fixed term opportunity available for a Contract Adviser with in our Corporate Contract team.
Summary about this job
Company: Queensland Rail
Work type: Contract/Temp
Detail information about job Contract Adviser. Terms and conditions vacancy
Manage contracts and relationships with an allocated portfolio of major vendors, managing and improving the performance of suppliers to achieve commercial outcomes, meet legislative requirements and contribute to continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of the vendor management team within an enterprise wide procurement service, managing contracts and relationships to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and policy requirements to achieve commercial outcomes.
- Conduct performance reviews of contracts to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness and ensure goods and services meet quality requirements as specified in relevant contracts.
- Regularly review prices, contract terms and conditions, and key performance indicators for major goods and services with suppliers to ensure best value is achieved.
- Be accountable for the management and enhancement of relationships with specific vendors to build effective partnerships.
- Perform day to day contract management process activities and liaise with the Strategy & Corporate Services Contracts & Records Management group to ensure that contract documents are completed and registered in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of metrics to track progress and benefits of contract arrangements and maintain these metrics for process improvement, supplier management and Procurement management representatives.
- Participate in formal benchmarking processes to determine 'best in class' and the development of strategies to improve vendor performance and contribute to the consolidation of business intelligence related to current market conditions, using this knowledge to build and leverage specific supplier relations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task; and
- High level of organisational skills as well as substantial level of problem solving and negotiation skills
This is a fixed term 6 month role.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply to position number 65980 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Thursday 26th July, 2018.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please email Sara Bidgood via firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific enquiry or phone HR Central on 1800 11 5000. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.