Middle Years English / Humanities Teacher for inter'nal school, Vietnam AUG 2018
Are you seeking an exciting new teaching opportunity overseas? Would you like to live in a bustling Asian city with cheap access to travel in Asia?
Summary about this job
Teaching - Secondary
Company: Teacher Appointments
Work type: Full Time
Detail information about job Middle Years English / Humanities Teacher for inter'nal school, Vietnam AUG 2018. Terms and conditions vacancy
Are you seeking an exciting new teaching opportunity overseas?
Would you like to live in a bustling Asian city with cheap access to travel around the rest of Asia?
Would you like to work in a great school community and make new friends?
Would you like to earn a tax-free salary with no accommodation costs?
We are seeking a fully qualified secondary teacher of English & Humanities for a Middle Years teaching position in an excellent international school in beautiful Ho Chi Minh City starting August 2018. The school ranges from K-12 and uses the Australian National Curriculum, hence Australian teachers and teachers with experience teaching in Australia are ideal for this school.
The role is teaching Years 7 & 8 English & Humanities, and Year 10 (IGCSE) English.
There are about 1200 students in this K-12 school with 85 ex-patriot teachers on staff across three campuses. Class sizes are a maximum of 28, with many classes smaller than this. 50% of students at the school are Vietnamese with the other 50% comprising 39 nationalities. Over 90% of students come from non-English speaking backgrounds. The school offers an unpretentious high quality international school education with well-resourced classrooms where teachers and all staff are treated well. Staff tend to stay well beyond their initial two- year contracts.
The school is run smoothly by an Australian principal and effectively welcomes and supports newly arrived teachers. The school will consider single teachers, teaching couples and families where one or both parents are teachers. Non-teaching spouses who wish to find work will need to seek this independently.
The school is located across three campuses in the beautiful District 2 region of Ho Chi Minh city in the southern part of Vietnam. The Tan Son Nhat International Airport is located within 6kms of the city centre. Bordering Laos, Cambodia and China, Vietnam and its southern city are a great base from which to explore Asia during school holidays.
You will be a teacher with at least 3 years' experience teaching middle years English and/or humanities seeking an exciting professional and personal opportunity. You will have a love of adventure and travel. You will be team and community oriented as well as self-sufficient, adaptable and resilient. You will be good in hot and humid weather!
- Salaries range from 755mill Dong/annum (approx. $AUD43,000) NET for a three-year experienced teacher to 965mill Dong (approx. AUD$55,000) NET for a teacher with 10 years' + experience
- Initially, a two-year contract is offered then, under mutual agreement, another two-year contract or year by year after that
- An accommodation allowance is paid as cash. For a single person this is $850USD/month with a suitable condominium renting for approximately $750USD/month. For a family there is a larger accommodation budget.
- Accommodation is found during the first weekend of arrival in the city with the help of school staff
- Health insurance is included in the salary and Vietnam has an excellent health care system.
- Annual return flights are paid as a cash equivalent travel allowance of $1100USD/annum/person, slightly less per child in the case of dependents
- End of contract gratuity equating to a month's pay per year of service
- Annual leave - the school has two semesters, beginning in August with four breaks of varying length in Oct, Dec/Jan, early Feb for a long public holiday, April and then June/July.
- For families, up to three children are educated free of charge at the school
- The Vietnamese teaching visa requires teachers have a minimum of 3 years' teaching experience.
- A good level of fitness and health, physically and mentally.
- English speaker
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in this opportunity to:
Teacher Recruitment Consultant
0450 125 657