Senior Finance Business Partner
Short info about job
Company: Harper Adams University
Salary: £38,183 to £41,709
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Professional or Managerial
Phone: +44-1263 2170318
Fax: +44-1496 9015625
Detail information about job Senior Finance Business Partner. Terms and conditions vacancy
About Harper Adams University
Since it was founded in 1901, Harper has been designed to support the next generation of graduates to meet the challenges of the Agri-Business Sector. The University with a state of the art campus with its own 550 hectare farm is the leading specialist university tackling the future development of our planet's food production, processing, animal sciences, engineering, land management and sustainable business.
Our recent achievements include:
- 98% graduate employment, joint highest in England (HESA 2017)
- 800 students living on campus
- 2nd best in the UK for accommodation, clubs and societies and Students' Union (Whatuni 2016)
- Top 10 student satisfaction
- Top 10 qualified teaching staff
- £413,000 awarded in student scholarships by the university's Development Trust in 2016/17
- 2017 University of the Year (Whatuni 2017)
- 2017 Modern University of the Year (The Times Good University Guide)
- 2017 First for Student Experience Times Higher Education (THE) UK Student Experience Survey
Following a successful period of Growth, a Senior Finance Business Partner vacancy has arisen within the University Finance Team. The post will support the achievement of the university’s Strategic Framework for 2022, by providing professional advice and a responsive, high quality, information reporting support service to Academic, Commercial and Contract Budget Managers.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting and Systems, the main purpose of this post is to provide commercial and financial support to business areas of responsibility, ensuring all deadlines are met and all deliverables are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To work with the Head of Financial Performance and Systems to produce of monthly and annual accounts and the preparation and monitoring of the University’s budget.
- To work with academic researchers to provide financial expertise in preparation of research bids, project claims and budgetary control
- Provide Research advice to other members in the Finance team, ensure a good understanding of UK and EU public funding methodologies is maintained
- To provide business partnering and financial leadership to, the University Management Team and all University Budget Managers for dedicated business units.
The Ideal Candidate for this role will have:
- CIPFA/CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or finalist with a target date to complete.
- Demonstrate competent IT experience including experience of finance systems, manipulating data within Excel and the maintenance and analysis of databases.
- Experience of identifying, manipulating, and presenting appropriate financial and non-financial data from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise a varied and demanding workload, often to tight deadlines.
- An excellent confident and diplomatic communicator who is able to engage and listen to customers and successfully challenge current practices without causing conflict.
- Enjoy working in partnership and teams and welcomes the challenge of influencing across the organisation
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to report financial data in a diverse multi/disciplinary environment and prepare, controlling and forecasting budgets.
All applications should be completed and submitted using the Harper Adams e-Recruitment programme at http://jobs.harper-adams.ac.uk
To be completed no later than midnight on Monday 18th September 2017