Business and Management Studies,Accountancy and Finance
Short info about job
Company: RMIT University
£56,895.60 to £67,564.86 converted salary* p.a + 17% super
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1248 2037384
Fax: +44-1268 7700561
Detail information about job Lecturer, Accounting. Terms and conditions vacancy
The OrganisationRMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The School of Accounting is one of the largest accounting schools in Australia with an annual operating budget of approximately $28 million and over 2,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The 50 full-time staff of the School are experienced and highly qualified; they are complemented by a cohort of part-time specialised staff from industry, thus ensuring relevance of its academic programs.
The Role and Your Responsibilities The Lecturer is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School in disciplines related to their field of expertise. More specifically, the Lecturer is responsible for carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate, Masters and Graduate Diploma programs and for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer is also expected to actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities. The Lecturer is expected to work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team, and update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation. The Lecturer may be responsible for course coordination.
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs and courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials in the required fields of expertise.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach in global locations and multi-cultural environments.
- PhD or equivalent in relevant field
For further information please contact Head of School, Business : Garry Carnegie on +61 3 9925 5721 or visit our website at http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job ref # 558115
Applications close on Wednesday 4th October, 2017
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.