Business and Management Studies,Marketing
Short info about job
Company: RMIT University
£56,895.60 to £67,564.86 converted salary* p.a + 17% super
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1369 9379547
Fax: +44-1359 5581298
Detail information about job Lecturer, Marketing. Terms and conditions vacancy
The OrganisationRMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Department of Economics and Finance was formed in 1990. The School of Economics, Finance and Marketing was formed in 2005 and has strong research and teaching interests with in excess of 5,000 full time equivalent undergraduate and postgraduate students. The School has 75 full-time experienced and highly qualified academic staff; they are complemented by a cohort of offshore staff and part-time specialised staff ensuring relevance of its academic programs.
The Role and Your ResponsibilitiesThe Lecturer in Marketing is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the Discipline and School.
The incumbent is to make a significant contribution to the delivery of Marketing programs both onshore and offshore, and to be actively involved in research, consulting and other professional activities.
This includes engagement with the relevant industry stakeholders, attracting competitive grants, publications in high impact journals and effective supervision of postgraduate research students and postdoctoral research staff.
The position will assist the school in maintaining teaching and learning excellence and developing programs, as well as carry out administrative tasks of the School in both its onshore and offshore activities.
The ability to teach a range of courses including, market research and marketing analytics, as well as basic courses such as consumer behaviour, marketing principles, marketing communication is advantageous.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate a clear fit with the research strategy of the Discipline. Applicants with expertise in quantitative research and experimental research are of particular interest to the School and Discipline, although all high quality applicants will be considered regardless of research methods and focus.
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination roles.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality student experiences, satisfaction and outcomes.
- Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas as evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- A collegial attitude and an evidenced willingness to fully and actively contribute to the Discipline and School culture and climate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- PhD in Marketing or equivalent in relevant field.
For further information please contact Professor Mike Reid on +61 3 9925 1474 or visit our website at http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job ref # 558116
Applications close on Wednesday 4th October, 2017
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.