Professor / Reader in Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies
Health and Medical,Medical Technology,Engineering and Technology,Civil Engineering,Other Engineering
Short info about job
Company: University of Strathclyde
Salary: Reader: £57,674 - £61,179; Professor: Competitive Professorial package commensurate with your profile and experience.
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1357 5291534
Fax: +44-1320 7834594
Detail information about job Professor / Reader in Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies. Terms and conditions vacancy
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
Who we are
We are the University of Strathclyde.
Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us among the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of engagement in the development of novel technologies and practices that impacts the diagnosis and treatment of patients across the broadest spectrum of human health challenges. The thematic focus is on engineering solutions to global healthcare challenges, with a strong emphasis on activity that can translate into genuine clinical impact. The research draws on the engineering expertise of the Faculty of Engineering with active collaboration with other faculties and external stakeholders
We seek outstanding Professors / Readers to join us at Strathclyde.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- A generous remuneration package;
- Notable additional financial and non-financial benefits;
- Excellent start-up support;
- Initially reduced teaching and management load; and
- Regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
In order to apply, you will be:
- Leading an independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change performance improvements;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, value diversity in our staff and are keen to receive Fellowship applications from members of under-represented groups. We are particularly keen to hear from suitably qualified individuals who will actively engage with and support the University’s ambition to implement best practice on equality and diversity and in particular Athena SWAN. The Athena SWAN Charter inspires the advancement and representation of women in higher education. For more information on other awards and how we implement our commitment to equality and diversity, see our Equality and Diversity webpages.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder’ in Engineering for Health and Medical Technologies, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at: www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/strathclydeglobaltalentprogramme/
In your application, please indicate at which level you wish your application to be considered: Professor, Reader or both.