Mathematics and Statistics,Statistics,Computer Science,Computer Science,Information Systems
Short info about job
Company: University of Reading
Department: School of the Built Environment
Salary: £29,301 to £30,175 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1234 6810394
Fax: +44-1364 7351745
Detail information about job Research Assistant. Terms and conditions vacancy
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher to work on improving knowledge and understanding of Time of Use tariffs and electricity demand based on analysis of time use data and activities related to energy demand.
The individual will join Dr Torriti in carrying out research on flexible residential electricity demand as part of the EPSRC funded ‘Distributional Effects of Dynamic Pricing for Responsive Electricity Demand’ DEePRED project.
The role will involve some of the following tasks:
- Designing and undertaking statistical analysis of time use data
- Preparation of conference and journal research outputs
- Conducting impact activities
- Carrying out the following project-related tasks: i gathering data on key parameters; ii building activity schemes; and iii deriving load profiles based on time use profiles, parameter data and activity schemes.
- Maintenance of project website and social media
- Liaising with potential research ‘users’
- Organising, attending and taking minutes of advisory group meetings
- Organising and attending project’s impact activities
- Organising project’s workshops
- Developing project network and disseminate findings
You will have:
- Knowledge of basic modelling and/or quantitative skills working with large spreadsheets
- Strong track record of educational achievement
- Doctorate in relevant discipline
Informal contact detailsContact role: Associate ProfessorContact name: Dr Jacopo TorritiContact phone: 0118 378 8196Contact email: [email protected]
Interviews will be held on 28 September 2017
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.