Research Engineer - Internet of Things
Computer Science,Computer Science,Information Systems
Short info about job
Company: Swinburne University of Technology
£44,030.18 to £47,528.78 converted salary* plus 17% superannuation
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1573 3529327
Fax: +44-1298 1484497
Detail information about job Research Engineer - Internet of Things. Terms and conditions vacancy
Swinburne University of Technology is an internationally-recognised provider of quality education and an institution with a rich legacy of industry collaborations. We are an innovative University at the forefront of technology and are committed to delivering excellence in higher education, vocational training and research.
About the job An exciting opportunity exists for Research Engineers to join the Key Lab for Internet of Things (IoT). The research engineer will be expected to undertake design, development, implementation and testing of solutions and systems in the areas of Internet of Things (IoT) and data analytics.
With the opportunity to execute and develop business critical applications from concept to development, you will consider and incorporate business needs into technical solutions.
Skills and experience To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Doctoral qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, with substantial R&D or industry experience, or Master qualifications with substantial experience in software engineering and research tasks conducted in R&D projects
- Excellent software development and/or data analytic skills for large projects – with an understanding of program languages such as Java/C#/C++/Ruby/PERL, SQL, Python and R.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in system design methods and techniques and developing complete software solutions
- Proven experience in writing proposals, program documentation for submission to external/internal funding bodies and evidence of success
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; to build rapport and communicate with various stakeholders.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
Benefits At Swinburne we recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available. You will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2015 and of key initiatives such as our [email protected] Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2020 vision to be Australia’s leading university of science, technology and innovation.
Applications close once positions have been filled.
Click Here for Position DescriptionClick Here for Information about the University.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking "Apply" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form