Post Doctoral Researcher - Minimising Energy Utilisation for Batch Production Through Multivariate Scheduling Optimisation
Mathematics and Statistics,Statistics,Computer Science,Computer Science,Software Engineering,Information Systems,Information Management and Librarianship,Information Science
Short info about job
£33,591.77 to £38,831.83 converted salary* per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Permanent
Type / Role: Academic or Research
Phone: +44-1407 3284881
Fax: +44-1389 3417541
Detail information about job Post Doctoral Researcher - Minimising Energy Utilisation for Batch Production Through Multivariate Scheduling Optimisation. Terms and conditions vacancy
The postdoctoral researcher will contribute to the Stiefel-GSK project “Minimising energy utilisation for batch production through multivariate scheduling optimisation”.
This project is supported by the European Union's INTERREG VA Programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB
- PhD qualification (or near completion) in a cognate area of one of the following, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, where process optimization (ideally production related) was a major topic.
- Specialist theoretical and practical knowledge in more than one of the following areas:
- Strong background in Multivariate Statistics
- Experience in scientific programming (any of: R, MATLAB, SAS, C++ or similar).
- Knowledge, demonstrated through peer-reviewed publication, of the development of statistical methods for the analysis of complex high dimensional datasets.
- DoE and Optimization Methods.
- A comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the wider subject area as well as the candidates own subject specialism.
- Evidence of hands-on problem-solving ability
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and complete tasks within the timescales demanded by industrial partners
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a cross-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including public presentations and ability to communicate complex data/concepts clearly and concisely
- Track record of significant academic outputs including peer review publications, and conference papers.
Informal enquires contact Dr. David Tormey, [email protected], +353+71-91-55496
Friday, 22nd September 2017 at 12 NoonShow all jobs for IT (Institute of Technology), Sligo … Tweet